Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > need help doing addition with variables PLEASE? ANYBODY?
conuremom First Post Posted on: 08-09-09 06:18 PM
need help doing addition with variables PLEASE? ANYBODY?

(starting a new thread in hopes of finding some help)

I think that I've determined that files like < !--Ad2-- > are server side include comments. (Ahmed, am I right?)

I need to find a way to add the resulting data of two such files together to produce a total which can be included in a winning bidder letter.

I cannot seem to find whether the data included in SSI variables can be acted upon once produced. I've tried bringing the variable data into a javascript without success.

If someone knows a way to do this, please tell me! I'm really close to finishing this project so I can start using the software.

mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-10-09 02:53 PM
Re: need help doing addition with variables PLEASE? ANYBODY?

No, these are not SSI tags, these where the program inserts its output in the templates. There are ways of course to include SSI files from the server, check your homepage (Frontpage.html) template for the commented classes, to include a text file, you can use this class:

Code: HTML
</p><p>&lt;!--!CLASS::SSI_Include(ssi_include.txt)--&gt;</p><p>

replace ssi_include.txt with teh full server pathname of the file you want to include.

Why you want to include a files, just insert the contents to the email body messages in your language manager.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

conuremom Reply #: 2 Posted on: 08-10-09 04:44 PM
variables

There is no variable that shows the output of the sum of the variables "current_bid" and "shipping_fee". I have to add those two together somehow to create that total.\ How can I do that and make it appear in the winning bidder email? That's what I'm trying to do.