Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Installation Help Sought
chrisang First Post Posted on: 09-20-09 12:12 AM
Installation Help Sought

I have problems on installation. I did this:\ \ 1) unzipped into my local directory which gave me: /auctionawy/auction/cgi-bin/auction/*.*\ 2) uploaded /auction/cgi-bin/auction/*.* to my host server: /public_html/cgi-bin/auction/\ 3) uploaded /auction/html/auctions/*.* to my host server: /public_html/auctions/\ \ \ I then access my site - www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/auction/admin.cgi and kept getting the following error:\ \ Internal Server Error\ The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. \ Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mydomain.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. \ \ More information about this error may be available in the server error log. \ \ \ Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. \ \ \ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------\ \ Apache/1.3.34 Server at mydomain.com Port 80
wannauseit Reply #: 1 Posted on: 09-20-09 07:06 AM
Re: Installation Help Sought

Make sure that you FTP all of the .pm and .cgi in ASCII mode.
chrisang Reply #: 2 Posted on: 09-20-09 08:46 AM

Yes, I did. I used WS_FTP under auto mode (with selected .cgi and .PM extensions). I also transferred manually in ASCII mode. Beats me what's happening. Been spending the whole day uploading again and again to no avail. Any help or suggestion is appreciated.
wannauseit Reply #: 3 Posted on: 09-20-09 09:02 AM

Make sure the permissions to your cgi-bin/auction and all files/folders inside are CHMOD 755.\ \ If everything has been uploaded ASCII and the CHMOD is 755, this "may" be a server issue.
chrisang Reply #: 4 Posted on: 09-20-09 09:34 AM

Yes, permission set by default to 755. Could be the "server problem" although I have no clue how to check with my hosting company. Can't even execute the testserver.cgi file after uploading. Last week I used a US host and it was fine even though it wasn't necessary to upload the cgi file into the cgi-bin directory. Don't know why. This week, I switched to a local server because it is very much faster. Now in a dilemma.
wannauseit Reply #: 5 Posted on: 09-20-09 10:14 AM

Your current hosting doesn't have live help?
jonesmarc Reply #: 6 Posted on: 09-20-09 10:54 AM

first thing never use 'Auto Mode'

now CHMOD all your .PM and .CGI files to 755.  folders in the cgi-bin are usually chmod 755 by default

files are not.

mewsoft Reply #: 7 Posted on: 09-20-09 11:38 AM

Check perl location on your server and modify the first line in each *.cgi files using text editor like notepad, you can also use our online auto installer it will do it all correct for you.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

chrisang Reply #: 8 Posted on: 09-20-09 07:23 PM

I tried to use the auto installer the first time but cannot access even though I entered the license number correctly, a day after being emailed. I tried again today (5 days later) and still got the same error:\ \ "The license number and domain name you entered for the selected product to install or upgrade are not in our database. If you have a licensed product and not yet assigned the license number or lost it you may contact the support to get your valid product license number. Your host information has been logged. An email alert has been sent to Mewsoft security departement with your information. Please do not try to abuse the system or your IP's will be banned forever from reaching our site."\ \ I also tried to install the FREE Board. The FTP path for cgi and html directories were correct. In fact, it uploaded successfully but didn't show up on my host. How strange?
wannauseit Reply #: 9 Posted on: 09-20-09 07:43 PM

I'd say that you need to check the path to Perl like Mewsoft said and then not use "Auto-mode" like jonesmarc said.\ \ Could be the path to Perl, or could be the "Auto-mode". I've never used Auto-mode and while it seems easier to use it on a large number of files, it can fail and cause many more hours of trouble which doesn't save any time by doing so.\ \ Please check with your server for the path to Perl. If it is the same as the .cgi and .pm files have in the first line, then you may want to try uploading the files in ASCII.
mewsoft Reply #: 10 Posted on: 09-21-09 02:14 AM

For the license error, see this FAQ:

http://mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=ViewTopic&Topic=1284&Forum=13&Page=1&Period=0a&Lang=English

If you can not get it installed. I'd offer you our installation service as a reseller ($25) to get you up, see our order page if you want.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com