Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > SQL error after fresh install of ver 10
richx First Post Posted on: 12-08-11 01:24 PM
SQL error after fresh install of ver 10

I had a previous version of the classifieds running - pulled the whole thing out for a fresh install to be able to use the feeder add on - which I purchased. When I try to set up the database - I get this error:\ \ \ SQL Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client\ Query: \ DBI:mysql:database=pltrader_class2;host=localhost;port=3306.\ \ Is there an update for this - or a fix\ \ I am hosting on Hostgator - so I am surprised it does not work\ \ thanks\ \ PS\ It is not the script - I installed it on another server from another host and the setup went smooth - so it is the Host Gator server. I guess they have been working on it since yesterday - still no luck....
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 12-09-11 06:15 AM
Re: SQL error after fresh install of ver 10

The upgrade to versin 10 does not require reinstall as we stated before, but anyway the error you said is a server error, did you tried to delete the database and create it again. it may help, if not ask them to transfer your domain to another server if they have problems with this specific one.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com