Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Site_Name help
zbdude First Post Posted on: 10-22-09 09:45 AM
Site_Name help

Well I thought I knew where to change the site name label. I was wrong.\ \ The statement site_label does not show but neither does my name.\ \ Any help from anyone will be appreciated.\ \ zbdude
chrisang Reply #: 1 Posted on: 10-22-09 09:51 AM
Re: Site_Name help

I thought the Site Name is under the System Setup Configurations? On the first field. No?
zbdude Reply #: 2 Posted on: 10-22-09 10:47 AM

Yes it is. I changed that but it still does not show up on any of the 'spots' it should show on.\ \ thankx\ zbdude
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 10-23-09 05:58 AM

Admin -> Language manager, the File General, edit the variable site_name, number 231

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

elena Reply #: 4 Posted on: 09-02-11 12:58 PM
Changing site name

the advise was:\ \ Admin -> Language manager, the File General, edit the variable site_name, number 231 \ \ Now, I don't see 'Admin' on my classifiedaway control panel. Which admin are you talking about?
mewsoft Reply #: 5 Posted on: 09-02-11 01:05 PM

Admin , means you go your products control panel admin.cgi like this:

http://www.mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/classified/admin.cgi

This is what we in general say "admin" and admin -> Language Manager, means after you go to the admin control panel, click on Language Manager, etc.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

elena Reply #: 6 Posted on: 09-02-11 01:22 PM
Changing site name

I did that, but it didn't change the title 'Auctions'to my new site name.\ I need to change this title 'Auctions' to 'Knock-out-dels auctions'\ How do I do that?
mewsoft Reply #: 7 Posted on: 09-02-11 01:55 PM

Any text you change from the Language Manager, browse all files there and change what you want.

If you mean the logo image "Auctions", then this is an image that you can create and upload it to your public_html/auctions/images folder on your website using and FTP program.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

elena Reply #: 8 Posted on: 09-03-11 04:17 AM
Changing site name

I uploaded an image into public_html/auctions/images\ but it doesn't replace the site title 'Auctions'\ What do I do now?
mewsoft Reply #: 9 Posted on: 09-03-11 08:16 AM

Please try to be specific in your description. What you mean by title auction.

Your Auction URL is:

http://74.52.237.178/~elena/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi

You mean the logo image

This is an image file called:

logo.gif

Its link is: http://74.52.237.178/~elena/auctions/images/logo.gif

Which you can upload to the directory public_html/auctions/images in Binary mode (set your FTP to transfer the file in binary mode not in ASCII mode).

You do the same for each product.

Remember to name your image file as logo.gif

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

elena Reply #: 10 Posted on: 09-03-11 10:27 AM
Changing site name

Ok. It worked. My logo replaced the 'Auctions'logo. But, is there any way I can aline it in the center of page instead of on the left?
mewsoft Reply #: 11 Posted on: 09-03-11 11:55 AM

You can customize as you like. Go to your admin->Class Editor, select the class Top_Navigation , you can customize all your top area there as you like. By the way, the area on the right of the logo defaults to a banner area, so you may want to leave it for banner better than centering the logo, anyway your choice.

Topic Closed.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com