Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > Classifieds running slow
fan4chevy First Post Posted on: 11-06-10 04:34 PM
Classifieds running slow

I have the classified system and boy old boy does it seem to run slow. Is it normal for the system to be slow? Has anyone else had the same experience? It is slow to the point of anxiety and I am on a fast connection. ALL my other programs on my server are fast or atleast normal load time.\ \ Let me know if there is a way to get this script moving at normal speed.
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 11-07-10 02:20 AM
Re: Classifieds running slow

Since our products use SQL, it means the speed, so be sure this is not a software issue and yes I am telling you your site is slow and I assure you it is server issues.\ \ Still some hosting companies place thousands of web sites shared on the same server and of course the server load is divide among all active users and they normally limit the resources for each user,so if they limit your RAM then the server will be very slow as it will use Paging files or cash memory etc to run the applications properly.\ \ I recommend from the begaining to switch to another good hosting company, and also I recomend you to check our hosting partner they have a good servers and prices and select Linux servers anyway.\ \ Thank you

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

fan4chevy Reply #: 2 Posted on: 11-08-10 02:26 AM
The problem is on my side.

I am confident that it is on my side that the software was slow. My host stated that they were having heavy traffic on the "shared server". \ \ I hope to one day have my own dedicated server, but don't we all.
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 11-08-10 01:16 PM
Re: Classifieds running slow

Good they conviced that but it is not solution but anyway migrating the software anytime is easy but tryto do the sql backup, and also backup the data directory (all in ASCII mode) to your local PC.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com