Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Installation Issue - Cannot write configuration file
egravity First Post Posted on: 11-22-09 12:02 PM
Installation Issue - Cannot write configuration file

I can successfully see the admin.cgi page and I'm working on the "System Set Up" categories. I can see the configuration page for "Configuration", "General Options", etc... The problem is clicking on "Save Changes" gives me the following error:\ \ \ Cannot write configuration file D:/Clients/C2/............./public_html/cgi-bin/data/SysConfig.pm: Permission denied \ Line 72, File D:/Clients/C2/............./public_html/cgi-bin/Configuration.pm \ \ I tried the "System Tools" -> Setup Wizard. Check Directories says, "All tests passed". View File Permissions says read write are all Yes.\ \ I have even created a test app that successfully creates and writes to a file in the directory which makes me think the appropriate file permissions are there.\ \ Is there something I do not have setup up yet that is required to run "Configuration" ??\ \ thanks in advance\ adam
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 11-22-09 01:07 PM
Re: Installation Issue - Cannot write configuration file

The direrctory data and all its subdirectories and files must have the write permissions.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com