Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > Catagories Not Loading
jim First Post Posted on: 03-17-12 01:04 PM
Categories Not Loading

Ahmed,\ \ Testing the system,\ When trying to post an ad. choosing a category will pop a menu. The menu is not loading the existing categories.\ Please advise\ \ This photo is an instance of the issue in question.

mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 03-17-12 08:20 PM
Re: Catagories Not Loading

What I see you may me messd up your site, I see you uploaded another copy under your html directory and the one we installed under html/classifieds does not have the *.js files which is for categories and the html editor, this explains your previous email about the strage directories created. You need to uplad the full html/classifieds directory and all its files and sub directories to your html/classifieds. Let me know if you can not do it.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

jim Reply #: 2 Posted on: 03-18-12 02:13 AM

\ Ahmed ....... :-( \ My apologies. No I did not load those files. My server administrator did. UUUUhhhhhhh I don't know what to do with these virtual web providers. Every one of them have some flaw. part of the reason I don't have a running website yet and may be the same for a lot of the other MewSoft users is probably because of these bad server operators !\

\ It all started with the site not going to the URL address you provided for me after the new install. I went to my registrars control panel and pointed the domain name to the URL you gave me. Afterwards if I entered the site name into a browser address bar it would not go to the site. So I called my server administrator and explained the situation asking why it's not behaving properly. He responded, why is the software installed in the CGI folder? and he said don't worry I'll fix it for you and he moved a few folders and directories around . So after this entering the domain name into the browser worked and I would get to the site. But now we see the result. \

\ So it's all discombobulated, :-( and you are right, unfortunately I don't know how to fix it or move the right files back to the right place. would you see what can be done?\

\ and where can one find a hassle free web provider?\

\ I've thanked you many times and most your clients know how valuable you are. I just have no more words to say.\ j\

mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 03-18-12 02:44 AM

OK Jim, now we know who did that, seems your hosting company not for real business sites since they deleted your site because you just used scripts on your cgi-bin directory. I'd recommend you to switch to our hosting partner, since you have multiple domains you can get a reseller account or so, They are a very big and we have many customers with them with no complain, as usual choose a Linux plan to automate the products using unix crontab tool. If you signup with them, just forward the email you get about your account and I'll reinstall the classifieds for you free using the IP and the temp. URL and no need to wait for DNS to change (To get the free installation offer, you need to click on the link "Hosting" on our site before you signup with them so we get our commession from them, do not go direct to their site).

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

jim Reply #: 4 Posted on: 03-18-12 03:52 AM

Unfortunately I can't sign up right now as I have already a contract with this hosting and paid up for a year in advance.
I am on a tight budget at this time and have to make things work the way they are :-(
May be when this contract is over I would move onto your affiliate hosting, mean while could you help me put those files back where they were? \ \ j
mewsoft Reply #: 5 Posted on: 03-18-12 08:04 AM

No problems, as for reinstallations, you know the rules, you have to order our installation service as a reseller $25 only, you can ask them for credit for their faults.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com