Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > Where would I find the Custom General Classes in a back up or on the server?
jim First Post Posted on: 03-17-12 03:26 PM
Where would I find the Custom General Classes in a back up or on the server?

\ \ Hi Ahmed, \ \ Since the server change and the new install that you did I am trying to speed up the set up and design on the new installation. In order to do this I want to take advantage all the design I had previously completed on the old server. I have a backup of the old files on my local PC. \

\ The only dilemma is after unzipping the TAR-GZ backup on the local PC I can not find all the "Custom General Classes" I had created, which are the most important part of my customization. \ How or where can I find these files from a back up? \

\ Is it possible to upload the TAR-GZ backup on-to a UNIX server again in a separate new directory and hopefully see these "Custom General Classes" ?\ \

thanks
j
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 03-17-12 08:23 PM
Re: Where would I find the Custom General Classes in a back up or on the server?

You have to install that backup and run it to be able to copy the classes. If this is one of the latest version compatible which have all the classes in the theme file under templates/Default/Config.pm then you can manually edit these files and copy those classes.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

jim Reply #: 2 Posted on: 03-18-12 02:25 AM
Re: Where would I find the Custom General Classes in a back up or on the server?

I personally think it may be one of the latest versions.
You installed it for me in the early part of 2005 (February) when I had just returned from the middle east.
So would this time frame make it almost the latest version? \ \ j\