Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > security feature
jonesmarc First Post Posted on: 03-16-10 01:13 PM
security feature

i just learned of a new security feature that yahoo is putting in place. A Sign In Seal. basically it is a image that is unique to the computer and the computer owner that will show when a person goes to the sign in page. if that seal is not there then it will raise a red flag to a possible fraud site.\ \ here is a link to yahoo page on this feature\ https://protect.login.yahoo.com/\ \ i think this would be a GREAT feature to add in a future update
ppch Reply #: 1 Posted on: 03-16-10 01:36 PM
security feature

\ \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
jonesmarc's Wrote:
i just learned of a new security feature that yahoo is putting in place. A Sign In Seal. basically it is a image that is unique to the computer and the computer owner that will show when a person goes to the sign in page. if that seal is not there then it will raise a red flag to a possible fraud site.\ \ here is a link to yahoo page on this feature\ https://protect.login.yahoo.com/\ \ i think this would be a GREAT feature to add in a future update
\
\ Very good idea, compliments to yahoo, thanks .\ regards to all
mewsoft Reply #: 2 Posted on: 03-16-10 01:50 PM
Re: security feature

Nothing fancy , it is still using cookies to recognize computers, anyone can view/delete cookies on any PC. In general, there is nothing in the world you can recoginze users computers other than Cookies or installing some activex or software.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

jonesmarc Reply #: 3 Posted on: 03-16-10 02:28 PM
Re: security feature

i know it is still using cookies and many people do delete them but i think it will help ease the mind of already registered users and new visitors knowing this little auction site is taking steps to help combat phishing attempts.\ \ if this or anything like it doesn't get added then its alright. there are other ways to help cut down on fraud.\ education is the biggest way in my honest opinion