Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Pay-Pal Integration
tigerbytail First Post Posted on: 04-19-10 02:58 PM
Pay-Pal Integration

Oh yes, another question! Please Help me to understand. On my Auctionawy auction site, I have a credit card proccessing company I have set up to use. I ASSUME (because I have not had to use it yet) this is for billing my registered members for their use at the end of each month. Now, to get things started, I personally became a member and listed MANY items on the site so people would have something to look at, bid on or purchase. I have been TRYING to talk with Pay-Pal, to integrate with my site! I THINK I need 2 DIFFERENT set--ups! (1) As the site owner to allow my registered members to pay their monthly fees through pay-pal if they so choose! (2) As a member myself, to give customers/members the ability to pay via pay-pal with the Buy it Now or Auction high bid win when they win one of my items!\ The problem? I can not seem to be able to explain this to Pay-Pal because I have not been able to gain any ground to get this done!!!\ Am I the one that is confused?? PLEASE....ANYBODY....What do I do? Thanks!
raider Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-19-10 03:32 PM
Re: Pay-Pal Integration

Hi Tiger
\ whats the problem? The script already supports PayPal IPN payments for your members to pay you or PAyPal pay by email for site fees etc.

As a member on your site selling if you want payment by paypal all you do is email the winning bidders with your paypal details .
You may be getting confused with their merchant tools which allow ecommerce shopping cart sites an automated checkout using paypal scripted buttons.

\ Goto your Admin panel
  • Billing manager
  • Configure Paypal

• Job Done.

The only difficult part is testing both IPN and Email work as you need to seperate paypal Accounts to do it as you cannot Pay yourself.

Developing a UK Auction Site :

Http://www.eBaSyi.com

smokyant2000 Reply #: 2 Posted on: 12-07-11 03:36 PM

i am confused also smile i am figuring the ( my customers paying me) part but need some sort of (check out) system for sellers to have on there listings. being that this setup runs smarter and smoother than others it doesnt have the same things running as most sites.\ i am a reseller at hostgator (yay) and they have this shopping cart type thing i used for my other sites. but how do i get a shopping cart/check out on the auction program and where. is there a fee to have someone install one of these on the system?\ \ please and thanks. and im not trying to steal post im just having same issues so i figure ask further here smile
    smokyant2000 Reply #: 3 Posted on: 12-07-11 03:44 PM

i am confused also smile i am figuring the ( my customers paying me) part but need some sort of (check out) system for sellers to have on there listings. being that this setup runs smarter and smoother than others it doesnt have the same things running as most sites.\ i am a reseller at hostgator (yay) and they have this shopping cart type thing i used for my other sites. but how do i get a shopping cart/check out on the auction program and where. is there a fee to have someone install one of these on the system?\ \ please and thanks. and im not trying to steal post im just having same issues so i figure ask further here smile
    smokyant2000 Reply #: 4 Posted on: 12-07-11 03:45 PM

mewsoft Reply #: 5 Posted on: 12-09-11 04:42 AM

This is an auction system and not a shopping cart, auction system sellers and buyers arrange the payment method on a case by case by email or in the items description. Shopping carts has a fixed final prices and shiping etc, auctions systems has variant priceses that comes from shipping to different locations or not shipping, tax or no tax, insurance or not, what the value of the final shipping to each destination, etc, etc. So what you are interested in how you get paid from the users which are the payment methods available to you in the admin center of each program.

Topic close

Mewsoft Support
    www.mewsoft.com