Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Automatic auction processing
conuremom First Post Posted on: 05-09-10 12:58 PM
Automatic auction processing

Is there a way to force closed auctions to automatically process more often than once an hour?
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-09-10 02:21 PM
Re: Automatic auction processing

Setup the crontab command manualy as you like or by using cron tools from your site control panel. Hourly is more than enough anyway.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

conuremom Reply #: 2 Posted on: 05-09-10 03:53 PM

I would actually prefer my auctions to be processed AS they end. \ Processing hourly releases several winning bidder end of auction e-mails at once, and many of them are going to big ISPs like AOL or Comcast. \ \ I'm finding that if they get more than two or three of my winning bidder end of auction e-mails at the same time, the bigger ISPs are treating them as if they are spam, and refusing delivery. So if the auctions were processed as they ended, there would not be batches of e-mails going out at once.\ \ I'll look at the chron tools on my webhost's tools page. I don't know how to use them, but I can learn.
raider Reply #: 3 Posted on: 05-13-10 12:55 PM

Hi
Check your cpanel for your host for the cron job - I can manually amend the entry in mine to every minute once it has been set up using the script - the only issue you may have is if your site is busy you may have issues with using up server resources and your host suspending your account.

Developing a UK Auction Site :

Http://www.eBaSyi.com

mewsoft Reply #: 4 Posted on: 05-13-10 10:46 PM

Becareful everyine for surch every minute jobs that your host may DISABLE your account for your server overload.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com