Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Edit Item
john_sam First Post Posted on: 06-01-10 01:29 PM
Edit Item

When you edit an item and delete one of the images, the edit page refreshes and changes to the post new listing template and adds another listing. The one you were editing is still active without the changes and now you have a duplicate active listing.\ \ The demo site does the same thing.\ \ Can you please fix this?
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 06-02-10 02:55 PM
Re: Edit Item

What item type? Auction or Fixed price, single quantity or dutch item?

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

john_sam Reply #: 2 Posted on: 06-02-10 07:29 PM
Edit Item

it doesn't matter what type of listing, quantity or anything. They all do it.
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 06-03-10 12:00 AM

You are correct, since the last update we merged both language files Sell and Edit in one Sell.pm file. The delete link was overwritten by the submit, here how to fix:

Update the cgi file ManageItem.pm.
Edit the language file Sell.pm  from your admin center, add this new variable:

Code: HTML
delete_uploaded_file_link_edit~==~<a href="#" onClick="document.Add_Item_Form.action.value = 'Edit_Item'; document.Add_Item_Form.Delete_Uploaded_File.value = '<!--File-->'; mySubmit(); return false;">Delete</a>

Or simply it this language file if you have not done customization to it.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

john_sam Reply #: 4 Posted on: 06-03-10 12:10 AM
Update

How do I do the update? When I click on the Update Link, it goes to Page Not Found. Your help is appreciated.
mewsoft Reply #: 5 Posted on: 06-03-10 12:49 AM

go to our website, click on My Account, using yourlicense number, download the latest .zip file, unzip and use any FTP program to upload.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

john_sam Reply #: 6 Posted on: 06-03-10 07:47 PM

Did that, same thing. Still refreshing to new listing template.
mewsoft Reply #: 7 Posted on: 06-03-10 07:53 PM

Update the language file Sell.pm or add thelanguage variable as I said above to it from the admin.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

john_sam Reply #: 8 Posted on: 06-03-10 08:11 PM

I did that but it still wants to use the old Delete language. Should I delete the old delete language?\ \ I replaced the old delte laguage with the new one and it did delete the old image but when I want to add a new image, it refreshes to new listing template. So I can delete the old image but now I can't add a new one.