Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Change of name??
zbbayguy First Post Posted on: 07-23-10 11:34 AM
Change of name??

I need to change my site name. I have been warned by ebay to cease using the domian name that I have registered, because it ts too close to their name.\ \ I thought that it was different enough, but.......\ \ I sought legal advice and my attorney agreed.\ I tried to get my license from my account and it keeps replying\ "Unable to find your information. zbbay.com norman49544@netscape.net!"\ \ I need to change my name real soon.\ \ Please help!!
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 07-23-10 01:12 PM
Re: Change of name??

It is registered under your email norman@normancom.com . If you can not get it email us with your new email.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

raider Reply #: 2 Posted on: 07-25-10 04:14 AM
Re: Change of name??

Hi zbbayguy ,\ \ I did a fair amount of research on this and just for information which may be useful to you and others the company you mentioned are trying to own ALL rights to the word "BAY", they even took a company in Australia to court for using their family run business name of a 100+ years which ended in "Bay".

There are a few people who have tried to rightly fight this unjust and illegal action as no one can own the rights to an everyday word (a logo yes) but they rely on keeping you tied up in court and run out of money and have to cancel your defense - which I suppose your Lawyer must have told you.

Developing a UK Auction Site :

Http://www.eBaSyi.com

zbbayguy Reply #: 3 Posted on: 08-07-10 11:35 AM
Hey Thanks Raider

Thanks for the info.\ \ I decided that since I do not have 50 million to fight it I would just change my name
zbbayguy Reply #: 4 Posted on: 08-07-10 11:38 AM
Hey Thanks Raider

Thanks for the info.\ \ I decided that since I do not have 50 million to fight it I would just change my name
zbbayguy Reply #: 5 Posted on: 08-07-10 11:43 AM
Hey Thanks Raider