Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Current bid does not change to show new bids - price stays at opening price
mewsoft First Post Posted on: 09-28-10 08:07 AM
Re: Current bid does not change to show new bids - price stays at opening price

Reserve Price Item?!.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 09-28-10 02:19 PM

Do not worry about the bidding system, it is working normal for years, you may be confused about how it work. You may posthere the links to these items you are talking about. Also, if you have edited the view item template then restore it.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

josephdaigle Reply #: 2 Posted on: 09-28-10 02:25 PM
ViewItem Template

Hello,\ \ I did not edit the ViewItem Template. Every item I have listed is acting like this.\ \ http://fanatic-fan.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=ViewItem&ID=1174480963&Lang=English\ \ \ http://fanatic-fan.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=ViewItem&ID=1174679699&Lang=English\ \ The only change to any templates regarding Selling or Viewing was those that you changed to remove those General Text Boxes and radio buttons.\ \ thanks
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 09-28-10 02:35 PM

These items you posted working normal, your bid is the same as the current bid. If you are the same bidder and raise your bid, the bid will not be raised to whatyou entered, it will be raised to the minimum required bid, it is proxy bidding system (auto bidding system).

Closed.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

mewsoft Reply #: 4 Posted on: 09-28-10 03:06 PM

Not recommended. All auctions systems now uses proxy bidding. If you do it you sure will loose customers.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

josephdaigle Reply #: 5 Posted on: 09-30-10 09:10 AM
Question about proxy

If I dont disable it, then it allows people to keep bidding at the opening price.  for example, opening price is 10, someone bids 15, the price doesn't change..someone else comes, see's 10 for the price, then bid 11, the price doesn't change, someone else comes the price is still at 10..they bid 14..price stays the same..

that is how my site is working with the proxy bidding enabled.

That sounds like something that a seller should have the option of enabling not the whole site..personally, I like to the price change each time a person bids on it. 

thanks

joseph

mewsoft Reply #: 6 Posted on: 09-30-10 10:16 AM

You are wrong, post the url of an item on your site working this way. The url posted above showed you are missunderstanding as I explained before. The Proxy system will raise the bids to the first valid bid to save the buyer extra none required payments, however if another user placed bid higher than the last hidden hieghest bid, the system will raise the new bidder bid to the hidden highest bid plus the bid increment. Againyou are still misunderstanding the bidding system.

Topic Closed

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com