Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Location Categories
nosam First Post Posted on: 10-01-10 05:51 PM
Location Categories Help >

My site is doing some weird stuff with the location categories. I am trying to delete most of the countries except for a few. I keep getting them in odd places on the page. Everytime I go to sort them it takes me to the listing categories. Might be my browser but just wondering what was going on. On some of the subcategories the same thing happened. I deleted some of the sub cats in US and know when I check them on the site there are spaces (big gaps)between the listing. \ \ I am sure this is a dumb question probably easily answered. Gurantee if it is it wont be the last one I make...\ \ Great product. I tried another Script before this one and I tell you what Ahmed you have beat the competition by a mile.
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 10-02-10 12:01 PM
Re: Location Categories

My suggestion since you said you need very few, delete everything then create only the few you want.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

nosam Reply #: 2 Posted on: 10-02-10 01:45 PM
d

Thats what i tried to do. for some reason it started doing weird things. I dont know. Is there a way to mass delete them or do you have to do it one at a time?
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 10-02-10 02:34 PM

Database & SQL Manager->Manage SQL Database Tables , select the tables:

AuctionLocation
AuctionLocationDescription
AuctionLocationName

Then click the button "Empty"

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

nosam Reply #: 4 Posted on: 10-02-10 04:05 PM
s

Thanks for the response. Did I say again what a great product.
nosam Reply #: 5 Posted on: 10-02-10 04:36 PM
location cats

one more question and then ill stop at least til the next question. How do you sort the Location Sub Cats, wish it had a button like the Cat Manager. One on my wish list.ha ha
mewsoft Reply #: 6 Posted on: 10-02-10 11:10 PM

Normally location categories should be very few and easy to handle manually. Aslo sorting auto with multi lingual or international will not work.
Thank you

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

nosam Reply #: 7 Posted on: 10-09-10 06:52 PM
h

does the empty auction location not work on classifieds? if it doesnt what did i just delete???? Tried it and it didnt work for some reason. worked perfect on auctionawy.