Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > ad counters
nosam First Post Posted on: 10-25-10 08:06 PM
ad counters

is there a way for the counters to count every time they are looked at vs. just once per IP address?\ \ also noticed that i will have a bunch of people showing up in my site statistics but i dont think it is that many at once? \ \ Is there a way to determine how many visits a day you are getting on the site or does it require the insertion of a counter.
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 10-25-10 11:14 PM
Re: ad counters

>>is there a way for the counters to count every time they are looked at vs. just once per IP address?

NO, to avoid sellers from cheating visitor by keeping clicking on their items.

>>also noticed that i will have a bunch of people showing up in my site statistics but i dont think it is that many at once?

Every user comes from different IP address is counted as online user , so if you your self access your sites from more than IP on different computers atthe same time it will count each one as an online user. Also may be search engines are crawling your site at that time like google, msn, etc, they cralw almost all your website links everyday or so.

>>Is there a way to determine how many visits a day you are getting on the site or does it require the insertion of a counter

For detailed site states check with your hosting or see your control panel, most control panels have site stats, you can also signup for google account and add your site to the reports or analytic and they offer very good stats system.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com