Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Categories
outthere_3 First Post Posted on: 12-20-10 04:20 AM
Categories

I have 3 levels of categories.\ \ 1st level = states of country\ 2nd level = council areas of the states\ 3rd level = auction categories\ \ I have a whole heap of 2nd level council areas and need to change the six 3rd level categories in each one.\ \ Is there an easy way without having to do each one individually.\ \ Sincerely\ \ Jeremy Nunn
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 12-20-10 01:45 PM
Re: Categories

Not sure what you want, create or delete bt the location categories is not the auction categories. The Location category manager  or the category manager is the only way for adding/editing/deleting /configuraing categories.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

outthere_3 Reply #: 2 Posted on: 12-24-10 07:45 PM
editing categories

Well to put it simply, I have about 2500 sub categories to edit as in change the wording, and was wondering if there was an easy text based way instead of having to go to each category and edit it using the category manager.\ \ Jeremy
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 12-25-10 05:13 AM
Re: Categories

The simplest way if you want is to delete all the default, then you can create the new one in bulk, each sub level inone shot, see hohw you can create a category and you will understand what I mean. Of course there is an advanced method for editing the database itself but needs carefull.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com