Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > User registration Confirmation email
mightypat First Post Posted on: 04-17-11 12:53 AM
User registration Confirmation email

I tried to register as a user. However, I never received the confirmation email. What can I do to fix this? You helped me install the system, so it should be installed correctly.\ Thanks.
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-17-11 09:55 AM
Re: User registration Confirmation email

We do not configure your mail system, we do installation and sql setup. First try to test your contact us form, then in your admin->configuration, see what email system available for you either smtp or the location of sendmail, you can ask your hosting company about your smtp server address if available and ask them also about the location of sendmail.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

mightypat Reply #: 2 Posted on: 04-18-11 12:41 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. The "contact us" email worked, so my email is configured correctly. Somehow, my hotmail account could never receive any confirmation emails (they are not in the junk folder). However, I did receive a confirmation email in my gmail account. The confirmation email says:\ \ Congratulations\ \ You have just completed your registration and activated your account. \ Your User ID: xxxx \ Your Password: xxxx\ Your Email: xxxx@gmail.com \ Click here to Login to your account now.\ \ However, the word "Login" is not clickable for some reason.\ \ I saw the code is: \ Click here to (A HREF="(!--CLASS::Account_Manager--)")Login(/A) \ However, when I sent out this message in text mode, I got: \ Click here to (A HREF="")Login(/A) \ (I had to replace <> with () to post correctly)\ Is the empty HREF the reason why there is no link? What can I do to fix it?\ \ Also, what in the admin panel I need to change in order to receive that pre-registration confirmation email to verify email address?\ \ Please help.\ Thank you very much.
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 04-18-11 02:00 AM

This means your email is configured correct. The problem seems your hosting may be blocked by hotmail and marked as SPAM source. check with your hosting company. As for the link you can edit your messages in the language manager.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com