Whizzz First Post Posted on: 04-26-08 11:26 PM
?

Hi!

Still trying to fix the email problem. I did notice that Currency converter and Stock Quote don't work.
Do I need to purchase the Mewsoft Engine software for this to work or does it further add to my email problem.

Mike :?
Anonymous Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-26-08 11:31 PM
Re: ?

edited
Whizzz Reply #: 2 Posted on: 04-26-08 11:35 PM
All Present

Everything good, perl path fine, and in all cgi and pm files. Startup.ini ok as well as directory placement.

I tried this route several times, my Apache server is on windows XP, and I do have a broad knowledge of software and installs.

I just can't seem to peg this one for some reason.

THis is the error I get when I try to access the Stock Quote;

Software error:
Can't locate Finance/Quote.pm in @INC (@INC contains: H:/BigApache/Apache/cgi-bin/auction H:/BigApache/Apache/cgi-bin/auction . H:/BigApache/perl/lib H:/BigApache/perl/site/lib .) at H:/BigApache/Apache/cgi-bin/auction/Finance.cgi line 112.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at H:/BigApache/Apache/cgi-bin/auction/Finance.cgi line 112.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (admin@a1onlineauctions.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error

Mike
Anonymous Reply #: 3 Posted on: 04-26-08 11:37 PM

edited
Whizzz Reply #: 4 Posted on: 04-26-08 11:44 PM
Oops!

Is there an error or any kind?

Ok I goofed! The testserver.cgi says;

Business::OnlinePayment Not Installed

Finance::Quote Not Installed

Finance::QuoteHist Not Installed

I guess I need to manially install these modules.

This is a seperate issue than my email problem though. I'm still fighting with that.

Mike
Whizzz Reply #: 5 Posted on: 04-27-08 12:37 AM

I tried installing OnlinePayment.pm using PPM and I got an error:

Error installing package 'H:\BigApache\Apache\cgi-bin\auction\OnlinePayment.pm':
Could not locate a PPD file for package H:\BigApache\Apache\cgi-bin\auction\OnlinePayment.pm

I never had to install a module before this, can I get a little guidance on this one?

Mike
Anonymous Reply #: 6 Posted on: 04-27-08 12:47 AM

edited
Whizzz Reply #: 7 Posted on: 04-27-08 12:56 AM
Crap

That was easy! Once again I failed to meet up to my standards, I guess I will just curl up and die now. lol

PPM'ed but forgot a simple command. I will proceed to install the other modules and resume fighting with the email issue.

Thanks again, and, again, and, again. lol

Your E friend

Mike
Whizzz Reply #: 8 Posted on: 04-27-08 02:26 AM
Still

I installed the modules with success, but still showing modules not installed in testserver.cgi. My email problem still exists as well and I don't know what else!

I give-up, I don't have time for this.
Time for the Mewsoft support payment.

Mike :shock:
ctoshack Reply #: 9 Posted on: 04-27-08 07:13 AM

Did you restart your http server...
Whizzz Reply #: 10 Posted on: 04-27-08 07:19 AM

Did you restart your http server...

Yes I always do after any changes in httpd.conf, SSL or any new install of softwares and modules, I know Apache very well!

Mike :shock:
ctoshack Reply #: 11 Posted on: 04-27-08 07:28 AM

Do you mind if I look at your back end for the email problem. just set up user temp pass temp for admin.cgi
Whizzz Reply #: 12 Posted on: 04-27-08 07:40 AM

Do you mind if I look at your back end for the email problem. just set up user temp pass temp for admin.cgi

Email is repaired. Mewsoft fixed it after I paid 50$ US for install as I was fed up with the problem, but A few issues still remain.

Stock Quote and currency converter still not working, these are the only two visible problems I have left. I installed the modules today with success using the perl Makefile command in my perl\bin, but testserver.cgi still claims not installed.

Mike frown
ctoshack Reply #: 13 Posted on: 04-27-08 08:25 AM

hmm thats an odd ball one... I don't know if I can help you with that it would require ssh connection and not sure you want to do that. anyway just a thought. Maybe the moduels you downloaded are corrupt depending on how you got them.

Can you give me the line of code on line 115 of finance.cgi

H:/BigApache/Apache/cgi-bin/auction/Finance.cgi line 115.
Whizzz Reply #: 14 Posted on: 04-27-08 08:35 AM

use Finance::Quote;

Thanks for trying to help.

Mike
ctoshack Reply #: 15 Posted on: 04-27-08 08:44 AM

Do you have MSN

Where is your testserver.cgi script
Whizzz Reply #: 16 Posted on: 04-27-08 08:56 AM

http://a1onlineauctions.com/cgi-bin/auction/testserver.cgi

I just noticed that the modules were not installed correctly using the perl Makefile command in my Apache server. I tried with cpan but got an error message that the module can't be installed because a specified path cannot be found:
C:\VStudio\VC98|bin\make.exe --NOT OK

Running make test
Can't test without successful make

Running make install
make had returned bad status, install seems impossible.

So I will have to find out why.

Mike
ctoshack Reply #: 17 Posted on: 04-27-08 09:08 AM

Can you manually do the make test on the downloaded moduel. or are you missing the make.exe executable alltogeather.

perl Makefile.PL
dmake
dmake test
Whizzz Reply #: 18 Posted on: 04-27-08 09:20 AM

I made a search on my computer ,no make.exe anywhere.
But When I used the perl Makefile.pl command it did create another Makefile in the same directory I had the quote.pm in. So I know the command works, I just tried cpan and I get a few errors.

Mike
Whizzz Reply #: 19 Posted on: 04-27-08 04:05 PM
Finally

Stock quote, Currency convert and Quote history works.

Windows systems needed nmake.exe not make.exe and all commands were;

perl Makefile.pl
nmake
nmake test
nmake install

I also created the directory C:\VStudio\VC98\bin make.exe

downloaded nmake.exe, and added it to the bin directory above.

So the n before make in commands, the creation of the directory and the proper nmake.exe file in that directory was the ticket, this is what the problem was.

I'd like to thank all who pitched in to help me with this.

Mike big grin