Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Email Problem
tsrmoz First Post Posted on: 07-31-12 09:12 AM
Email Problem

I installed Auctionawy and everything is working fine but e-mail. Auctionawy doesn't send certain e-mails such as End of Auction e-mails (for a regular auction) and Contact Us e-mails. I receive all other e-mails including Registration Conformation and Listing confirmation. End of Auction e-mail works for a fixed price auction but it doesn't work when I try it in a regular auction. I reviewed past posts and carefully checked my settings but I believe everything is ok. Here is my settings: Mail Tool Type: Sendmail, Path to Sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail (as directed by the hosting company), Email System Status: ON. I tried 5 different e-mail addresses with different domains, but nothing worked. I suspected SPAM filter but this is not the case because I don't receive only certain types of e-mails. I receive all other e-mails at any of those e-mail addresses tested. Please help me what else I should look at to solve this problem. The software version is 12.19 Build 011009.
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 07-31-12 09:35 AM
Re: Email Problem

Seems you are using wrong emails in your admin->configuration, to test, just use the email address

like sales@yourdomain.com without any other text. Then test the contact us form.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

tsrmoz Reply #: 2 Posted on: 08-01-12 06:02 AM

I removed the text but it didn't make any difference. What elase should I check?
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 08-01-12 09:02 PM

Check with the hosting company on email system. Are you using any other scripts that works

with the email and working or not. Anyway, as long as you set the sendmail path, no other

setting could be wrong. try to trun off any filtering or SPAM filters in your cPanel or website

control panel.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

tsrmoz Reply #: 4 Posted on: 08-02-12 09:02 AM

I have other scripts using Sendmail working on the same server. I don't have any SPAM filters turned on in cPanel. Anyway, I changed the web host company to Gator because it seems other people have no problem in running the software there. Now I have another problem during the installation process. I deleted all files from the old server and installed Awctionawy to the new space using the Auto Installer. Then I set up things in Admin-> Configuration. However, when I try to create SQL table, I get the following error: "You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/auction/admin.cgi on this server." I also see a similar error massage in the Mewsoft Products News section of the admin top page: "You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/auction/rssdisplay.cgi on this server." What is wrong?
mewsoft Reply #: 5 Posted on: 08-02-12 09:26 AM

Yes somehow hostgator blocks recently urls with some keywords like sql seems they are using some

security scripts, the solution is included, click the create sql tables again, thr url in your browser

should be like this:

http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/auction/admin.cgi?action=Create_SQL_Tables

edit this tob e:

http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/auction/admin.cgi?action=Tables

then click enter, it will create the sql tables

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

tsrmoz Reply #: 6 Posted on: 08-02-12 11:53 AM

I was able to create SQL tables and complete the installation. Now I have exactly the same problem with the Contact Us e-mail. I received the Account Confirmation e-mail right after I registered as a user, however, I don't receive any e-mail when I send a message from the Contact Us page. At this point I have no idea what to do. So can I order your installation service? I'm willing to pay the installation fee to get it to work. Thanks.
mewsoft Reply #: 7 Posted on: 08-02-12 12:02 PM

COnfiguratin Should be easy also. Anyway, you are welcomed to order our installation

service:

Auctionawy Installation Service $49 Order

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

tsrmoz Reply #: 8 Posted on: 08-02-12 12:18 PM

I have just submitted the order. Please make sure the contact us e-mail works after your installation. Thanks.