Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > another ? on classes and templates
auctionbug First Post Posted on: 08-07-12 03:12 PM
another ? on classes and templates

What class and/or template do I use to call in the auction category short list (teaser?) to like put it on the side menu in my header class.
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-07-12 09:52 PM
Re: another ? on classes and templates

You can not call the teasers categories only, you have to call the categories and remove the main categories

classes and just leave the teasers classes. Also you can call individual specific categories, see the Frontpage template

for this class on how to display each category by its ID.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

auctionbug Reply #: 2 Posted on: 08-08-12 11:15 AM

If you look at http://www.auctionbug.biz/cgi-bin/auctions/auction.cgi and hover your mouse over the Online Auctions tab, you'll see I've been able to pull in the search form class, I would like to also drop down the short category list like this. in the frontpage html template, the category section calls the CLASS::Body, I tried using CLASS::Body as shown below but it only shows up on the front page, it shows up blank everywhere else.
What I've done is I created a new custom class called topnav which contains the top menu code as shown above I'm then calling my custom CLASS::topnav into the header class. So I'm not sure what the correct class name is to call in the short category list on all the pages.
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 08-08-12 11:29 AM
Category menu classes

ourJust insert the class

Code: HTML
 <!--CLASS::Category_Menu:0-->

This will display the categories menu where you insert this class in any template.

In general, you can use the class as:

Code: HTML
&lt;!--CLASS::Category_Menu:Cat_ID--&gt;

you can replace the Cat_ID in the class by

any specific category id to display its sub categories menu on any page.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

auctionbug Reply #: 4 Posted on: 08-08-12 05:10 PM

Cool thanks so much. One last and hopefully final ?. What variables do I use to call in username/ password, name , address, email etc... into hidden input tags. I created a custom page template for the members area that has a form going to one of my cgi scripts and I need to prepopulate these values from the user's acct info when they're logged in. thx so much for your help. Awesome script btw. k.
mewsoft Reply #: 5 Posted on: 08-08-12 09:21 PM

You can not use varibales direct or populate any template with users variables like this, you can to do

this as a custom programming, i.e. write your own script that check the logged in user then parse your

template and pre populate the variables you want.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

auctionbug Reply #: 6 Posted on: 08-09-12 08:22 AM

Ok, I was hoping that was'nt the case, but such is life. It would be nice if you had system wide variabls like username, email, name that could be called within the templates and classes.
kadirteacher Reply #: 7 Posted on: 10-19-12 09:44 AM
How can I manage my web?

Can you send me detailed information about these subjects below 1.how to manage my site . 2.how to edit my index page and add new product 3.edit the news in my page 4.edit the banners in my page. 5.How will I manage auction,classified,search,NetBuilder and Net Partners. I mean how I can personalize it to fit my needs ? Please send me explanatşon e mail for all those subjects and If your explanation can be with picuters it will be perfetct for me Thank you
mewsoft Reply #: 8 Posted on: 10-19-12 10:08 AM
How can I manage my web?

kadirteacher's Wrote:
 Can you send me detailed information about these subjects below 1.how to manage my site . 2.how to edit my index page and add new product 3.edit the news in my page 4.edit the banners in my page. 5.How will I manage auction,classified,search,NetBuilder and Net Partners. I mean how I can personalize it to fit my needs ? Please send me explanatşon e mail for all those subjects and If your explanation can be with picuters it will be perfetct for me Thank you

As I answered your email. to post a product , go to your site, say the classifieds from the user

side not from the admin side,

http://www.ub.....here.com/cgi-bin/classified/classified.cgi

then click on the Register link http://www.ubuyusellhere.com/cgi-bin/classified/classified.cgi?action=Register&Lang=English

then after you activate your account, login to your user account by clickin on the link My Account

http://www.ubuyusellhere.com/cgi-bin/classified/classified.cgi?action=Account_Manager_Login&Lang=English

then after this you as a registered user can post ads and reply to ads, to post an ad just click the

link "Place Ad"

the same steps you do on the auction and search and forums.

As for customization of the layout and the language text, you do it all from the admin center

of each product which is should be self explained, here is also some help notes:

http://www.mewsoft.com/help/auction/

for the layout, go to the admin center of each product: for example for the classifieds, go to the admin

center at :
http://www.ub.........re.com//cgi-bin/classified/admin.cgi

under the layout, click on "Template Editor" you will see the templates which are html code that you

can customize to what you want.

for the language text, in the admin center, click on "Language Manager" and then click Edit language link and you will

see how easy to edit all the text or translate it.

Please backup you website from your hosting control panel before doing any changes always so you

can restore it if something goes wrong while customization to avoid loosing your work and reinstalling or paying

again for us to reinstall. You will find a link called "Backup" in your hosting control panel. at least generate daily backup

thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

mewsoft Reply #: 9 Posted on: 11-14-12 04:22 AM

replying to your email here also:

I already explained this before but here is again:

I found you messed up the auction, so I fixed it,

1)-go to the user registration page on the auction:

register as a user, then check your email you will get an email,
confirm your account and you will  be able to login to your
user account that you just create at the address:

after that you as a user ready to sell on the site and bid and buy,
that's everything.

I registered as a user "mewsoft" and posted 2 auctions on your auction site:

by the way , our products are the easiest products on the net in customization
as it does not needs any programming, it is all html templates based.

my advice again, just try to find some of your friends to help you understand
what is an autcion site and what is an classifieds sites, also just advertise
your website for users and they will know how to use it and they will start
registering and posting itmes, this is the way you will start to understand things
as an internet user. do not change anything in the programs admin->configuration.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com