Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Sub Categories not showing up when trying to post a new auction item
auctionbug First Post Posted on: 08-17-12 12:12 PM
Sub Categories not showing up when trying to post a new auction item

When posting an item and promted to select a category, the main categories show up, but when I click to show the sub-categories it indicates they are loading but nothing happens and they do not appear. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-17-12 04:56 PM
Re: Sub Categories not showing up when trying to post a new auction item

You may changed/removed the JS code in the sell and/or the categories templates, restore these templates

or the JS code. In general do not edit/remove any JS code in the templates or classes or language variables.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

auctionbug Reply #: 2 Posted on: 08-18-12 11:22 AM
sub categories not loading when posting a new item

I have gone back through and reset the templates you indicated, yet when I try to get the sub categories to come up to post a new listing it indicates "loading Please Wait" but nothing ever happens. It's like it's looking for, but cannot find the sub categories. I am having no problem with adding, changing or deleteing main categories and when I click on the category tree, eveything appears there fine. It' just when trying to post a new listing the the sub categories are not appearing. Please Help and Thank You!
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 08-18-12 11:50 AM

Restore the templates SellCategories.html, SellCategoriesNode.html.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

auctionbug Reply #: 4 Posted on: 08-18-12 04:05 PM
sub categories not working.

ok, although I have not changed these 2 files, I uploaded the original files SellCategories.html, SellCategoriesNode.html. that came with the download from mewsoft to cgi-bin/auctions/data/templates/Default It did not fix it. so that's not the problem. So now what do we need to do?
mewsoft Reply #: 5 Posted on: 08-18-12 11:48 PM

The above 2 templates are the only thing used for the categories popup window. They only contain the Header class,

so you may be included in your header class other JS code that overrides the window OnLoad function which

prevents the sub categories node from populating after being loaded, so check any JS code or JS included

files you used in the Header class. Try to remove any JS files or code in the header class and test until you

know which file or code causing the problem., You can test by restoring the original Header class of course.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

auctionbug Reply #: 6 Posted on: 09-22-12 08:33 AM
Sub catergories now working.

Thank you for your help & continued support. Auctionbug