Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Searchawy > Confused: Language Translation
odetron First Post Posted on: 12-17-14 08:02 PM
Confused: Language Translation

I cannot figure out how to translate my site to spanish. http://www.bizwhizdirect.com I have tried several different things, including reading the docs and even tried finding information in this forum. But, none of it is very clear on how to translate the site to spanish. I know I have to translate the "categories" also, but dont know how. I tried and when I switched the site to "spanish" the categories disappear. The folders are still there but the category titles are gone. Can you give a step by step method of translating the site? Both the site in general and the categories. I have visited other "searchawy" sites and their sites "ALL TRANSLATE". thanks appreciate the help Odetron
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 12-17-14 09:47 PM
Re: Confused: Language Translation

you do all the text translation from the admin->Language Manager , under Edit Language, you just select the file you want to edit and click the button Edit, that' all. As for the categories you do the translation from admin->Category Manager, select the language from the drop down list first then edit the categoies one by one or click the link Edit All at the top right corner of that page.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

odetron Reply #: 2 Posted on: 12-18-14 12:28 AM
still not translating

I did as you said .... for the text translation I went to the admin->Language Manager, under Edit Language, I selected the individual files I wanted to translate ....I hit the edit button...... Then for the categories I went to admin->Category Manager, selected the language from the drop down list (first) then hit the "edit all" in upper right corner of that page..... It is still not translating .... I have tried different browsers and a different computer..... there are subtle changes .... while in english the right column is "main categories" after switching to spanish the right column reads "categories"..... in english the feature sites reads "Visit our Sponsors" after the switch to spanish it reads "Featured Site Directory" ..... please help me correct this problem.....Odetron
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 12-18-14 06:36 AM

I reset your admin login and went to your admin, was able to translate the language manager, the file General, I also went to the Category Manager and was able to translate the categories, the issue is, after you select the file to edit in the language manager, select the Language from the drop down list at the top of the page, and to save your changes click the button save changes and not the button "Create New Variable". I added the text "-spanish" to few home page navs and the first 2 cats you will see when you switch to Spanish from the user side. so everything is working normal.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

odetron Reply #: 4 Posted on: 12-19-14 04:05 PM

So the translation is not automatic? .... I have to translate each "category" to spanish, then when I switch to spanish, it displays the translated categories .... is this correct? .... I was under the impression that the software made the translation. thanks Odetron