Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > How to change the large blue area
nilsreither First Post Posted on: 02-28-13 12:31 PM
How to change the large blue area

How to change the large blue area with the text: Welcome Sell For Free Buy For Free Search For Gifts & Products
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 02-28-13 01:17 PM
Re: How to change the large blue area

Admin -> Template Editor, then select the Frontpage template (Homepage template) then edit

it as you like.

All customizations in the Class editor and Template editor, also text in the Language Managere->Edit language.

thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

ca562dude Reply #: 2 Posted on: 03-12-13 02:54 PM

Can this be done with no knowledge of HTML... I am not a programmer etc.. is there another way etc for beginners... since you guys installed the program etc on a server.. thanks..
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 03-12-13 04:32 PM

You do not need to be a programmer. Html is not a programming language, it is a language for anyone. You

can edit html visually using any visual html editor like Microsoft Frontpage. You copy the class or template

to your visual editor, modify it visually and paste it again when finished. Html is very easy to learn and you can

learn it all in one night or less and this is very important for you if you are going to handle your website(s) yourself.

Search the web for html tutorial and you can find it all in one page.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

ca562dude Reply #: 4 Posted on: 03-12-13 09:03 PM

so what your telling me is that I need to go out and buy a program to do it myself?? Then waste a WHOLE day learning how to do it!!!! Theres Got to be an EASY way for begginers who has never used HTML etc...
mewsoft Reply #: 5 Posted on: 03-12-13 09:09 PM

You do not have to buy a visual html editor, you can find many free visual html editor online.

If you do not know any basic stuff to edit a file you can just start using the site with the default theme which is

very nice.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

ca562dude Reply #: 6 Posted on: 03-12-13 09:21 PM

Then why is this statement on your site: The software is very easy to install and configure even for just beginners. Which is not ture when beginners dont know how to use html
mewsoft Reply #: 7 Posted on: 03-12-13 09:27 PM

Yes what it says is correct, you are managing your website, it means you have to own the very very basic skills, like

using a visual html editor if you want to change the default customization.

Beginners does not mean you do not know anything about how the internet works or how to edit files etc, beginners

means does not know any programing language, any web application require programming language but all our

products does not require you to know any programming language, html is not a programming language, it is just

like using Word.

download any visual html editor and try it and you will learn how to html is easy like word.

thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

ca562dude Reply #: 8 Posted on: 03-12-13 09:36 PM

I took your ADVICE now my site does not work anymore... i did a simple test look what I get.. The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'http://usanaughtyauction.com/cgi-bin/auction/auc... Copyright
mewsoft Reply #: 9 Posted on: 03-12-13 09:42 PM

No problem, just open our admin demo on our website which is the same as your's, open what you was editing on your

site, for example, if you was editing a class in the class editor, just open the class editor on our website, copy the same

thing from our demo and paste it to your site, do this any time you make something wrong.

So if you are editing the auction, just open our auction admin demo:

http://www.mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/auction/admin.cgi

for the classifieds:

http://www.mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/classified/admin.cgi

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

ca562dude Reply #: 10 Posted on: 03-12-13 09:48 PM

This is really upsetting me!!! All I did was take out the word WELCOME now my site does not work anymore.... I need somebody to fix it... now I have to hire somebody to train me about html
mewsoft Reply #: 11 Posted on: 03-12-13 09:56 PM

Where you changed it and how you changed it. In the language manager or class editor and what class?

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

ca562dude Reply #: 12 Posted on: 03-12-13 10:02 PM

I copy it from the Template editor Then pasted it to HTML editor Then took out WELCOME Copied it back to templae editor... NOW MY SITE DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE!!
mewsoft Reply #: 13 Posted on: 03-12-13 10:07 PM

Still no problem, copy the template Frontpage from our demo in the admin->Template Editor to your's and your

site will be back.

What html editor you are using, because it converted the template which is html to another formate XML this is why

you get this error:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'http://usanaughtyauction.com/cgi-bin/auction/auc...

<span class="Copyright">Copyright 

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

ca562dude Reply #: 14 Posted on: 03-12-13 10:10 PM

I Did that... and still get the error.... I am using your program from the site.
ca562dude Reply #: 15 Posted on: 03-12-13 10:14 PM

nevermind.!!! its working now..
mewsoft Reply #: 16 Posted on: 03-12-13 10:29 PM

I can see your site back normal, you seem fixed it.

do not use the html editor on our download page, this was just a demo for the ms activex, something for

VB programmers. There are many on the web free and full products.

Also for customization , you need to read this docs on our site will help you:

http://www.mewsoft.com/help/auction/Customization.html

Google for "free visual html editor" you should get many:

1. Free HTML Editor, Visual Web Page Editor: PageBreeze Freeware

PageBreeze is an award-winning FREE HTML Editor which has both visual (WYSIWYG) and HTML tag modes. PageBreeze Free HTML Editor's design emphasizes ...
    Download - Templates and Tools - Contact/Support
    www.pagebreeze.com/ - Cached - Similar
  2. Free HTML Editor - Free Download - PageBreeze FREE HTML Editor

Click to Download PageBreeze Free HTML Edtior. A completely free download!
    www.pagebreeze.com/download.htm - Cached - Similar
  3. Free HTML Editor | CoffeeCup Software

The Free HTML Editor is a trimmed-down version of the CoffeeCup HTML Editor, and does not contain the Visual Editor, CSS Menu Designer, Image Mapper, ...

thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com