Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Auto extend
phsauctions First Post Posted on: 02-12-17 08:03 AM
Auto extend

Is there an easy way to fix auto extend auctions? Mine has not been working properly for a long time. There is no extention of auctions eventhough I set the time and have enabled it during listing. Because of my single user auction set up I have not used many on the updates because they do not fit what we use the website for. This one would be nice to having working again. I also do not want to harm any of the live auctions closing tomorrow. In the past certain updates have caused issues to my live auctions. Thanks, Mike
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 02-12-17 09:53 AM
Re: Auto extend

The auto extend auction feature should work only if a bidder placed a bid on the last time period set in the admin,

so if you set this time period to 3 minutes in the admin then if a bidder placed a bid within the last 3 minutes

of the auction, the system will extend the closing time by 3 minutes.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

phsauctions Reply #: 2 Posted on: 02-13-17 11:22 AM
Auto extend

That is supposed to be how it works but it has not done that. I had customers bidding in the last few seconds and there was not extention. I watched the whole time. I will see what happens tonight but in several cases I have seen bids right up until the end without extentions. Thanks, Mike
phsauctions Reply #: 3 Posted on: 02-13-17 06:12 PM
end of auction

I can now say without a doubt the auto extend did not work in tonights auction. I had heavy bidding in the last minute of the auction and none of the auctions extended. Not sure what happened I have not touched anything. It has not been working for a long time I believe. Thanks, Mike
mewsoft Reply #: 4 Posted on: 02-15-17 07:03 PM

Try our demo to confirm it is working. Make sure you set the auto extent option when posting the item.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

phsauctions Reply #: 5 Posted on: 02-17-17 07:33 PM
auto extend

It works on our your demo just not on our website. Not sure why but it defiantly is not extending past the close. we had at least 20 bids in the last 30 seconds and not a single item extended and it does say autoextend is enabled. Not sure what is going on.
mewsoft Reply #: 6 Posted on: 02-17-17 09:19 PM

You can try to restore any changes you made if you did any. I know you did not upgrade your site for long time so you have to upgrade from the same version

that you have installed on your site, you can update the code files from the same version that you have on your server, you also can try to restore the sell page

and the place bid page. We our self do not keep any older versions, we always keep only the latest version.

Of course as usual we can fix it as custom work but you have to renew your license.

Always try to test the site after every small changes or modification that you make. We also recommend to backup your entire

site from your cPanel or your site control panel.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

phsauctions Reply #: 7 Posted on: 03-11-17 06:42 PM
Auto Extend

I would like to have this problem with the autoextend fixed. I have not made any changes to my site in a long time. I would have you guys upgrade and pay for the service however, there have been so many upgrades that I just do not want. My website needs to be simple and single user and no need for fedback system. The invoice system does not work because we have many buyers buying multiple items and the is not simply combine items. I am using the very old sold items page because its Excel friendly and I can create invoices through paypal. I think the version I use is 4 years old. With the current system can you imagine someone buying 30 items and getting 30 invoices. That does not work. So there are issues and I believe if I have you upgrade to the newest version I will have to do all my custome work over again. It expensive to have to do it all over again. Let me know what you think would be a good solution because there are many features of my website that do not work. Thanks, Mike
mewsoft Reply #: 8 Posted on: 03-11-17 11:01 PM

Hello,

Please email us with any custom work you want to be done to discuss it and give you a quote.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com