Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > client info
phsauctions First Post Posted on: 07-24-17 08:15 AM
client info

Is there a way to access a list of all my clients information including passwords? I want to manually enter there information onto our other store site so they do not have to reregister. Is there a file with that info? Thanks, Mike
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 07-24-17 06:42 PM
Re: client info

You can view these information from the database backup files.  Ftp to the site to /app/database then you will find the database text files.

You need to do text file backup in the admin Database module then run the backup to text files

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

phsauctions Reply #: 2 Posted on: 07-25-17 08:23 AM
instructions

Just to make sure I do this right in the admin go to the database module, then click the first option Backup Database Into Text Files, it then asks this question Are you sure you want to create text backup of the current SQL Database contents? SQL database tables will be unloaded to text files with the same names as the tables. Hit OK and then I can go to ftp and get a copy of those files. Thanks, Mike
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 07-25-17 09:10 AM

Yes exactlly.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

phsauctions Reply #: 4 Posted on: 07-25-17 07:33 PM
opening a pearl file

I found the document but its in pearl. I am getting a page with a bunch of characters. Is there a way to view this. Thanks, Mike
mewsoft Reply #: 5 Posted on: 07-25-17 09:35 PM

the files located at /public_html/app/database folder and all files are text files they are name like Users.sql.pm but they are text files

you can view with notepad or any text editor.

Even the data are ascii text but they are in our database format separated by some chars.

You might need to do your own custom scripts to process it to the format you want.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com