Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Currency in fees help file
rebel First Post Posted on: 09-10-08 03:08 AM
Currency in fees help file

i was wondering why in the fees page in help section is comming up showing [[currency]] instead of $?
utahonlineauctions Reply #: 1 Posted on: 09-10-08 10:57 AM
Re: Currency in fees help file

I still have the same problem. What happen to the original [[currency]] thread? Any new suggestions mewsoft? I'm not thinking it's my server now since someone else is showing the problem.\ \ The the poster : What type of OS are you using?
utahonlineauctions Reply #: 2 Posted on: 09-11-08 12:59 AM

Rebel,\ \ What OS is your provider using? Just curious. Using Debian myself.
rebel Reply #: 3 Posted on: 09-11-08 10:02 AM

they use free dsb(linux).\ yes i was wondering about that thread also, i could not find it either.\ i know alot of people that have the problem.i hope we get an answer!
ctoshack Reply #: 4 Posted on: 09-11-08 11:22 AM

all I did was open up the class take the html throw it in my html editor    Searched for and replaced all [[currency]] with $.   copied pasted back to the proper class in auction editor and saved it.  

The end result is a $ same thing. LOL

utahonlineauctions Reply #: 5 Posted on: 09-11-08 12:10 PM

I did the same thing but still, [[currency]] should work and there has to be a fix for it. mewsoft, Any chance you could look into this more? I could see if it was only me, then it could be a problem on my side, but 3 people for sure and others? Thanks!
mewsoft Reply #: 6 Posted on: 09-11-08 12:18 PM

Make sure the language variable :

currency~==~$

exists in your language file General/Homepage from your language manager->Edit.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

utahonlineauctions Reply #: 7 Posted on: 09-11-08 03:16 PM

Tried that several times (edit'd both on server and before uploading it to double check), re-uploaded the templates both with the site option at mewsoft.com and manually used two different FTP clients. \ \ The [[currency]] tag seems to work in some places but not that one. I even added it to the bottom of the page for fun and it showed the $ just not in the prices.\ \ Tried everything i could think of.
mewsoft Reply #: 8 Posted on: 09-11-08 09:54 PM

Are you sure of the spelling for [[currency]], I mean not Cap letters or spaces. Anyway, anyone having this still just email me your FTP info and the URL to your auction.cgi to check it.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

mewsoft Reply #: 9 Posted on: 09-12-08 12:30 AM

Just upgrade the file MsLib.pm from the latest version, this will double translate all your variables for all help files, the issue were you inserting the language text as language variable not a text in the template, so the new MsLib.pm will translate variables on two levels making sure variables inside variables are also translated inside help files.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

utahonlineauctions Reply #: 10 Posted on: 09-12-08 01:52 AM

Problem Fixed! Thanks =) So why wasn't this fixed before when it was mentioned though?