Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Problem with installation of 8.xx
m2rdick First Post Posted on: 10-05-08 05:20 AM
Problem with installation of 8.xx

I am getting this error after going through the installation process. I am trying to open the admin.cgi program. Error: Can't open language file /home/m2rdick/public_html/cgi-bin/auction/data/language//General.pm: No such file or directory\ Line 167, File /home/m2rdick/public_html/cgi-bin/auction/General.pm \ \ I have downloaded and installed twice already. Need some help. Could be a simple fix if I knew what it was.
nibb Reply #: 1 Posted on: 10-05-08 05:07 PM
Re: Problem with installation of 8.xx

At least yoo get a path error, in my case i have installed it 40 times and no, the new version doesnt work for me. It cant open or locate the configuration.pm, until now nobody explained anything so far close to my problem for weeks now. In most cases how does the software now wich files to use? I think the installation thinks my server is windows instead of linux since i tries to get windows files. Your problem seems to be maybe a permission issue. Chmod all cgi files to 755 and upload then in ascii if it still doesnt work then welcome to my team.
wannauseit Reply #: 2 Posted on: 10-05-08 07:54 PM

In the first post, it appears to be a path problem. \ \ Note the extra / before General.pm\ \ /home/m2rdick/public_html/cgi-bin/auction/data/language//General.pm
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 10-05-08 08:41 PM

Yes seems you have a backslash at the end of the cgi directory path.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

m2rdick Reply #: 4 Posted on: 10-06-08 02:25 AM
Finally got it to work, almost!

Thanks guys, It was partially a permission problem, but I ended installing the program as new and changing the locations of the directories. Now I can not firgure out how to get the images to show up on the three secure pages Register, My Account, Sell. I know it has to do with the root document location. This problem is what started the journey to upgrade. I have the new version (which I like) but I am still stuck with no images on my secure pages. It has to be a simple process.
mewsoft Reply #: 5 Posted on: 10-06-08 04:32 AM

For secure images, you need to copy your auctions/images directory to your https area then setup the URL to this directory in your admin->configuration and turn on the SSL option there.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

botic Reply #: 6 Posted on: 10-06-08 08:22 AM
Doesn't work...

Well, it seems that I'm having the same problem:\ \ Error: Can't open language file /home/botic/public_html/cgi-bin/au/data/language//General.pm: No such file or directory\ Line 167, File /home/botic/public_html/cgi-bin/au/General.pm \ \ Do you know how I can fix this problem?\ \ Thank you for your help
wannauseit Reply #: 7 Posted on: 10-06-08 10:08 AM

\ \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:
Yes seems you have a backslash at the end of the cgi directory path.
\
botic Reply #: 8 Posted on: 10-06-08 04:26 PM

If somebody could tell me how to remove this backslash...
wannauseit Reply #: 9 Posted on: 10-06-08 04:45 PM

Yes, in your Admin>>Configuration>>CGI Directory path