New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
petervw petervw's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Add to multiple categories Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 02-27-11 01:56 PM next post first post
Is it possible to modify the 'Edit site information' form so that you can add a link to more categories using the same form?\ \ A good idea would be to add a checkbox that when checked allows you to save the link in another category and keep it in the existing category at the same time.\ \ I would have no idea how to do this with perl as I am used working with PHP.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Add to multiple categories Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 02-28-11 02:26 AM next post previous post
This is a search engine not an auctin or classified to have the same site in more than one category.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

petervw petervw's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 03-01-11 02:31 PM next post previous post
That might be your point of view, search engines do have sites that are listed in more than one category. \ \ I might want to have a category with links on a particular topic say 'animals' and list all sites relating to this topic here. I then might want to create sub-categories to animals such as dogs, horses, cats etc. and sort the links found in category 'animals' into their more specific categories.\ \ This allows the person browsing to do a generalized search on animals or a more specific search on animals in the sub-categories.\ \ Adding this feature will reduce MY work load and for those who wish to do the same. What attracted me to your sofware was price, customization and the fact that adding links was easier than the software I presently use.\ \ You would be making your product better and my life easier and that of others interested customers if you could help with this matter. \ \ Thanks\ Peter
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 03-01-11 05:38 PM last post previous post
Of course anything can be done as custom work, if you are interested contact us.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print