Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, April 26, 2024 02:12 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Administration and User Information
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
bidbeach.com bidbeach.com's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Administration and User Information Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 12-18-08 10:31 PM next post first post
I am attempting to add an additional field in which only administrators can modify this without any normal users being able to modify this. The problem is that I do not know where and how to add custom fields to which no normal users can modify this data. I was able to add a field in editprofile.pm and remove this from registration.pm, however of course, editprofile.pm can still modify this data. It appears that the administration user editor also pulls from the editprofile.pm file. The problem is, I am out of simple alternatives, is there a way to pull this information without it being able to be shown to a normal user.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Administration and User Information Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 12-19-08 09:23 AM next post previous post
You did not say what you wantto do exactly but anyway you can place the custom field on the register page and remove it from the edit profile page.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

bidbeach.com bidbeach.com's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Re: Administration and User Information Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 12-19-08 06:13 PM last post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:
You did not say what you wantto do exactly but anyway you can place the custom field on the register page and remove it from the edit profile page.
\
\ You see, I am trying to make a field for every user that is uneditable by the user themselves, only the administrator.\ \ Well I have tried that previously, however the profile editor for the administrator also seems to get the data from editprofile.pm.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print