Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, April 19, 2024 10:50 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > After transfering to new server .gif and database problems
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
Focusman01 Focusman01's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

After transfering to new server .gif and database problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 10-17-10 07:31 AM next post first post
Hello Ahmed

Since moving to new server .gif files are very distorted, Look like someone used a wet paint brush to blend all of the colors of a rainbow together both on admin and user side and images are bunch tight together on user side. I used binary mode to upoad .gif, three times, still same result.

How can this be fixed?

In regard to the database, I did as instructed:

from your admin->database & sql manager, click on:

Backup SQL Database Into Text Files

this will backup your database in the files under the directory data/database.

download all the directory data/database (in ascii mode) to your local computer.

Install or move the classifieds software on your new server, then upload
the directory data/database (in ascii mode) to your new classifieds

Now go to your new host admin->database & sql manager, click on

Load SQL Database From The Text Files Backup

This was the end result:
SQL Error
SQL Error: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO Ads_Categories VALUES('40','11','1','1','0','0<~')
Line 895, File /xxxxx/local/home/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx.com/cgi-bin/class1/DatabaseMgr.pm.

This was mention before, figure on new server it would transfer 100% of file, but the same thing within Ads_Categories.sql.pm after downloading from old server there are 65 lines of code. But everytime you tried to upload to server only 40 lines of the 65 are transfered. CuteFtppro send message after 63% of Ads_Categories.sql.pm is uploaded, unable to upload and then it attempt again stops at 63% over and over until disconnected. It tried 6 times, same message.

If you have time would you please try to repeat the steps with demo, that is delete Ads_Categories.sql.pm and ftp it back to see if you come up with less lines of code.

I know somtehing wasn't done properly by me. Just don't know what.

Would like your opinion on how to fix errors, before updating classifiedawy or starting over from scratch.

Thank you for your time.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: After transfering to new server .gif and database problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 10-17-10 09:29 AM next post previous post
You need tp update to the latest version the cgi files on the old server then make the backup. May be you did the backup from older version and trying to load it to a newer version.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Anonymous Anonymous's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Re: After transfering to new server .gif and database problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 10-17-10 09:37 AM next post previous post
I don't know if this will help or not, but I had a similar problem once before because I had installed my software on a FreeBSD server. I had the host upgrade to the latest version of GD and it still didn't fix it. My pictures were spotted and grainy.

I then had the same hosting company move me to a Redhat Linux server and everything was fine after that.

I'm not sure if this applies here, or if FreeBSD was the problem, but I thought I would mention this.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 10-19-10 02:44 AM next post previous post

I don't know if this will help or not, but I had a similar problem once before because I had installed my software on a FreeBSD server. I had the host upgrade to the latest version of GD and it still didn't fix it. My pictures were spotted and grainy.

I then had the same hosting company move me to a Redhat Linux server and everything was fine after that.

I'm not sure if this applies here, or if FreeBSD was the problem, but I thought I would mention this.

I did check into type of server. It is an Apache server with FreeBSD.
I did a new install through Auto Installer, graphics are okay now. Just need to find out what happened during the move from one provider to another to prevent it from happening in the future, hopefully no more moves will be needed.

Thank you for your input MewSoft and Wannauseit
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 10-19-10 04:28 AM next post previous post

You need tp update to the latest version the cgi files on the old server then make the backup. May be you did the backup from older version and trying to load it to a newer version.

I went on and did a new install, starting from scratch. One thing noticed was all tables within cgi-bin/data/database/Ad_categories.sql.pm were included using Auto Installer.

Therefor the problems from before with database files
had to be caused by CuteFTPPro having a hard time transfering some .sql.pm and not being able to transfer 100% of others.

I just did a test tranfer of Ad_categories.sql.pm to a test folder with CuteftpPro, same thing, peak out at 7% instead of 63% this time.
ERROR:> Temporary completion problem reply.

I know you talked about doing installs from consol or Telnet rolling for those who don't know how to use consol or Telnet, what is the best ftp program to use with your software?

Thank you.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 10-19-10 05:36 AM last post previous post
Download ftpvoyager from http://www.ftpvoyager.com/ . It is very good program we use it for years now.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print