New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
chris12331 chris12331's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

ANY IDEAS PLEASE Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 01-22-10 06:12 PM next post first post
Firstly, i am not that well clued up on html, so a little ehlp needed, i think\ \ In the templates section. No matter what i go into to try and edit comes up a complete blank. Why is this.\ \ When i put in html to sort things out, it comes up noy where i placed it but at the top of the page, above the header.\ \ In the class editor. I have tried to add the meta codes. Again the header comes up blank.\ \ For whatever reason every thing is blank and what i do try to write ends up at the top of the page.\ \ Doesnt make sense does it. Any ideas please
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: ANY IDEAS PLEASE Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 01-23-10 12:25 AM next post previous post
It seems you did not install the software correct in full. Remember when installing, the directory cgi-bin/auction must be transferred in ASCII mode and all its sub directories and and files.\ \ Then make sure the directory data and all sub directories and files writables (unix permissions 755 or 777).

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 01-23-10 02:48 AM next post previous post
Ah, but i didnt install it EERRRRMM Ahmed did.??\ \ So, please explain. This is all in the cgi bin at this time, except the actual url. ie http://70.87.64.194/~multiads/cgi-bin/auction/admin.cgi and http://www.auctionsworldwide.net/. Is that what the problem is ??. \ \ I have managed to figure out all other issues, but i just havent got a clue as to how to alter this, if in fact this is the problem?? any other ideas please
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 01-23-10 01:44 PM next post previous post
This is easy for you to change, goto your admin, click on configuration, in the first few variables, change every:\ \ http://70.87.64.194/~multiads\ \ by your domain:\ \ http://www.auctionsworldwide.net/\ \ then you will be able to access your site and auction direct using your domain.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 01-23-10 02:35 PM next post previous post
Right, that was all done when the domain was cleared. \ \ 755 permissions sre there, but not 777...(This is very suspect permissions and open to frequent attacks, so i ahvent used it, but 755 should do)\ \ Now the problem is still there.\ \ Firstly, when i go into genberal classes and try to edit the header. The page is still blank. I need to put in meta, and meta tags. I was going to do this through the file manager and edit by notepad that way, but i cant even find any file that covers the header. So if i cant edit through general classes and cant find the header anywhere, do i have to write it. I tried by the way and it came up on the top og the front page.\ \ Oh the joys of running websites. hehehehe\ \ Exactly the same happened with announcements. Every thing else seems to be working ok, just these two. I have looked and looked again and just cannot find anything at all.\ \ So, where can i find the header file so i can edit with notepad and wy cannot i edit and write the announcements page. This is most frustrating.
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 01-23-10 02:55 PM next post previous post
Some servers do not allow files to be written with permissions less than 777. So you have to check this, try to set templates files permissions to 777 and see if it can be saved. Second, if you messed up classes or links and want to restore, you can upload the templates using an FTP program in ASCII mode, or simply you can copy online from our demo and past into your's.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 01-23-10 06:27 PM last post previous post
Thanks for that. Now got everything working except one problem\ \ In the language file announcements i cant get the main body to load, so all i get is the header site name and announcements It shows as saved, but has not and i just cant reload it to post 2nd announcement.\ \ The same is happening in about us, although this has loaded in full, but will not reload.\ \ Is there a file that i can check to see where the fault is. it has to be a html error.\ \ thanks
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print