New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
ctoshack ctoshack's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

auction and forums help Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 08-30-08 10:09 PM next post first post
So what options am I suppose to enable for these two systems to work togeather?\ \ Working Mode: ?\ Enable Mewsoft Passport:?\ Enable Mewsoft Auctionawy Plugin:?\ \ I have my auctions installed at www.ioffer.ca\ and my forums installed at www.sellandprofit.com\ \ both sites are on the same server and sellandprofit is a subfolder in my public_html folder.\ \ So far I've found that my system manager does not work in the forums admin. \ \ I get the following error!\ Internal Server Error\ The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.\ Please contact the server administrator, wwwadmin@ioffer.ca and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.\ \ More information about this error may be available in the server error log.\ \ \ Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. \ \ \ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------\ \ Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.sellandprofit.com Port 80
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: auction and forums help Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-31-08 05:29 AM next post previous post
To Enable the one login for all three products, they must be installed on the same domain, because this is done by cookies, cookies only available per domain by browsers, this is the only way for sharing info between programs, second you can install each program on separate sub directory on the same domain, say:\ \ /cgi-bin/auction\ /cgi-bin/forum\ /cgi-bin/classified\ \ Then you must use the same database for all three products.\ \ This is all required to do the single login poasport.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

ctoshack ctoshack's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 08-31-08 07:31 AM next post previous post
I see so what if I don't care about the single login but just want the users to be able to use there same login info.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 08-31-08 07:52 AM last post previous post
if you mean you want each product anywhere and users can reserve or use the same login, then you have to write your own custom registration scriptthat when they register on one prgram or domain it will check, validate and register the user on all other products.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print