Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, April 19, 2024 05:57 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Auctionawy 2005 UPGRADE instegration
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
nibb nibb's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Auctionawy 2005 UPGRADE instegration Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 08-16-08 08:32 AM next post first post
Since the 2005 version is not compatible how would be the best method for the upgrade? Install it on another folder like auction2 and then wait for a tool to import database? I must remind that the auction site wants to maintain structure so its not so easy just to install it on auction2 folder. I dont mind building all configuration again in the admin section except for the templates customization that will take some time since most users did a sel design, well desing and config again is some work, but most users will do this but what about databases, you should really release a tool to import users and auctions since nobody wants to lose data. I was using some other auction software then i ordered Netauction, new database all from scratch, only 30% of my users registered again even when the system was better, so i would not like to install now the 2005 version and lose all data.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Auctionawy 2005 UPGRADE instegration Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-17-08 01:52 AM last post previous post
Most templates and language files are same like olde NetAuction, so you will not loose these. As we said we are working ona conversion tool for the database. Yes of course you can install auctionawy 2005 under a another folders say cgi-bin/auction1 and html/auctions1 and do your customizations transfer from older NetAuction to it and wait for the conversion tool if you need it then later you can rename the folders very easy by editing the paths in the file data/sysconfig.pm file.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print