New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
nycpilot nycpilot's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Background image Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 11-21-13 07:30 PM next post first post
I would like to put an image in the background of the frontpage.html. Instead of a white background as originally received, I would like to put a picture of something. How can I do this? I have a basic knowledge of HTML. I am comfortable with modifying the code. I tried background="X.jpg" in various areas in the code with no satisfactory result. If I do that in the main body, the picture is displayed but at the least priority and it basically shows a border of the picture like 5px's square around the edges of the screen. What do you recommend?
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Background image Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 11-22-13 10:08 AM next post previous post

Check the class Header in the class editor, it has all the code you need to change. Note any changes in this class

will be applied to all pages since it is used by default in all pages. The padding you can control in the CSS code

in the class like the css :

.PageOutline

.PageBody

If you want the background for the homepage only, copy the header class to the frontpage tempate and remove

the --Header-- class from it, then modify as you like and changes will be to the template only.

thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 11-22-13 01:28 PM next post previous post
Ahmed, I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you. Trying to explain code to novices who are trying to alter your finished product to their liking. However, I have tried experimenting with placement of the .pageoutline, .pagebody code. But I have not had any success. Where specifically would you put the code in the frontpage template? Say for instance, if you wanted to make the picture "air.jpg" for your background of the frontpage template, what code would you edit and where within the frontpage template? Thank you for your patience with us.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 11-22-13 02:42 PM next post previous post

I said copy the entire contents of the Header class to the template then change the values for the Page

Outline this is the page border width. However if you want the background for all pages then you donot

need to copy it, just set your bg image code in the Header class.

thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 11-23-13 10:15 AM next post previous post
I am still confused. I tried pasting the header class into the frontapge - not a good result. I tried pasting just the .pagebody code into the frontpage - not a good result. Is there some point in the frontpage code that i can add something like background:"xxx.jpg" - something like that??? Please, point me into a more specific direction. I apologize for not getting the idea immediately.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 11-23-13 01:17 PM last post previous post
I got it Ahmed. It took some fooling aorund with it. Thanks for the initial shove in the right direction.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print