Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Saturday, April 20, 2024 02:15 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Bid confirmation Emails in Wrong Currency
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
yitzi yitzi's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http://www.auctionisrael.com Send private message

Bid confirmation Emails in Wrong Currency Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 07-15-11 01:43 AM next post first post
I have auctions in two currencies on my site. \ \

Sellers are setting up auctions in Shekels and the confirmation email to buyers when they bid on the auction is coming back in USD. \ \

This is confusing to buyers and they are emailing me about it.\ \

Please see \ Auction 1199212821\

What needs to be done to fix this?

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Bid confirmation Emails in Wrong Currency Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 07-15-11 09:16 AM next post previous post

You should use the class:

Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
<!--Currency-->

where you want to display the item currency in all your emails instead of the default site language:

Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
[[currency]]

All emails are parsed the same as the view item page, so you can use anything you see in the view item template in your emails.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http://www.auctionisrael.com Send private message

Thanks that was part of the Answer Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 07-15-11 05:00 PM next post previous post
Making the change you suggested got the currency description right but then I still was finding a $ sign in the emails.

I found the $ sign was entered in the currency item of the Language file, removed that and all is well.

tex tex's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Re: Bid confirmation Emails in Wrong Currency Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 07-16-11 03:14 AM next post previous post
Yes I did that too but now the emails dont have currency sign. just numbers
tex tex's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 07-22-11 06:48 AM next post previous post
Hello Sir \ How do we fix the Email confirmation currency? I did what u said but now theres no currrency sign on email confirm.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Currency in Emails Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 5 Posted on: 07-22-11 05:11 PM next post previous post
Ahmed gave the answer, you need to put into your email text the Classes he suggested in answer to my question. This will fix the problem completely.

\ \ \ \ \
 \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
tex's Wrote:
Hello Sir \ How do we fix the Email confirmation currency? I did what u said but now theres no currrency sign on email confirm.
\

tex tex's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 07-22-11 08:30 PM next post previous post

Sample list item email confirm edited

Dear <!--Seller_ID-->,<br>Thank you for submitting your item for auction on our site. <br>Your item information as follows:<br>Item ID #:  <!--ID--><br>Title: <!--Title--><br>Start bid: <!--Currency-->  <!--Start_Bid--><br>Quantity: <!--Quantity--><br>Close time: <!--End_Time:11--><br>Description: <!--Description--><br>The link to your item is <br><a href="<!--Item_URL-->"><!--Item_URL--></a><br>Thank you again<br><!--CLASS::Site_Name--> Team<br>

tex tex's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 07-22-11 08:32 PM next post previous post
And here is the Result:\ \ Dear tex, Thank you for submitting your item for auction on our site. Your item information as follows: Item ID #: 1200362661 Title: Kodak V610 Demo Auction Start bid: 10.00 Quantity: 1 Close time: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 01:04 PM Description: \ \ \ Theres no Currency Label still on 10.00 \ thanks tex
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 07-22-11 09:03 PM next post previous post
I'd say for you to update all the cgi files *.cgi, *.pm only, then for the language, copy the variables from our demo.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

tex tex's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 07-22-11 09:38 PM last post previous post
where do i get the new updates for *.cgi and *.pm ,( i got latest version) the Demo I already replaced the [[currency]] with  <!--Currency-->
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print