Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Wednesday, April 24, 2024 10:05 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Bidfind Mega list problems
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
ctoshack ctoshack's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Bidfind Mega list problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 09-18-08 06:27 AM next post first post

I tried to get on bid find and they informed me that the megalist is not set up correctly.   Here is there response below!

Hello Chris,

This is our second notice to you Chris... perhaps you

did not receive our earlier email.

Your megalist is not correct and preventing our agent

from collecting data from your site.

You are using "Mewsoft Auction" software? There is a

built-in megalist... and you should contact the vendor

and tell him that the BidFind MegaList version has

changed and encourage them to update your megalist.

Our megalist example page is at:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

BidFind staff consultant.

http://www.bidfind.com/af/af-mega.html
Registered Member
Member Offline

Re: Bidfind Mega list problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 09-18-08 09:23 AM next post previous post

Here are some more specifics as to why the bidfind mega list link is no good.  Maybe you guys can fix it!

Hello,

Thank you for registering with BidFind, but we are

unable to collect data from your site.

Your megalist has some very bad problems.

Here is whats wrong:

1) DESCRIPTION field contains too many dots or empty

spaces.

2) No copyright at top of page.

3) No version number.

4) PRICE field has too many places after decimal

point.

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 09-18-08 02:48 PM next post previous post

Yes there FAQ says that we have to include their copyright and version number at the top of each page. I updated the BidFind.pm module to include these info, so just download the package and update only the BidFind.pm and Configuration.pm and let me know if still any problems.

Thank you

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 09-19-08 12:38 AM next post previous post
What about problems 1 and 4 they describe above. Too many dots or empty spaces in the description and too many decimal places in the price fields.
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 09-19-08 01:22 AM next post previous post
Just post the errors if you get any.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 09-19-08 02:46 AM next post previous post

Below is some output from the megalist URL  I have bolded and made red at least one of the problems they mention.   As you can see looking through my megalist output every listing has all these dots as well as the one pricing that includes five places after the decimal point!

auctionhttp://www.ioffer.ca/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=ViewItem&ID=1109974817&Lang=EnglishCHUMBAWAMBA TUBTHUMPER CDCHUMBAWAMBA TUBTHUMPER CD ... GOOD CONDITON .....UNITED STATES S & H WILL BE APPROXIMATELY $5.00.........INSURANCE EXTRA... MONEY ORDERS RECCOMMENDED...................IF OUTSIDE THE USA EMAIL FOR SHIPPING INFO AT recordsiam7@yahoo.com ..... MAKE SURU.S. Dollar 7.99000Music:CDsUnited StatesNA3/44/3recordsiam_yahoo_comNA
auctionhttp://www.ioffer.ca/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=ViewItem&ID=1110316609&Lang=Englishannie a new musical 1977 20 page souvenir book vgannie a new musical 1977 20 page souvenir book vg ... UNITED STATES S & H WILL BE APPROXIMATELY $7.00.........INSURANCE EXTRA... MONEY ORDERS RECCOMMENDED...................IF OUTSIDE THE USA EMAIL FOR SHIPPING INFO AT recordsiam7@yahoo.com ..... MAKU.S. Dollar 9.99000Entertainment Memorabilia:Music MemorabiliaUnited StatesNA3/84/7recordsiam_yahoo_comNA
auctionhttp://www.ioffer.ca/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=ViewItem&ID=1110316568&Lang=Englishbeatlemania same 80s 20 page tour book vgbeatlemania same 80s 20 page tour book vg ... UNITED STATES S & H WILL BE APPROXIMATELY $7.00.........INSURANCE EXTRA... MONEY ORDERS RECCOMMENDED...................IF OUTSIDE THE USA EMAIL FOR SHIPPING INFO AT recordsiam7@yahoo.com ..... MAKE SURE TU.S. Dollar 19.99000Entertainment Memorabilia:Music MemorabiliaUnited StatesNA3/84/7recordsiam_yahoo_comNA
auctionhttp://www.ioffer.ca/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=ViewItem&ID=1110316417&Lang=Englishbeatles michelle warner brothers vg- sheet musicbeatles michelle warner brothers vg- sheet music ... UNITED STATES S & H WILL BE APPROXIMATELY $7.00.........INSURANCE EXTRA... MONEY ORDERS RECCOMMENDED...................IF OUTSIDE THE USA EMAIL FOR SHIPPING INFO AT recordsiam7@yahoo.com ..... MAKEU.S. Dollar 19.99000Entertainment Memorabilia:Music MemorabiliaUnited StatesNA3/84/7recordsiam_yahoo_comNA
auctionhttp://www.ioffer.ca/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=ViewItem&ID=1110316455&Lang=Englishbeatles let it be warner brothers vg sheet musicbeatles let it be warner brothers vg sheet music ... UNITED STATES S & H WILL BE APPROXIMATELY $7.00.........INSURANCE EXTRA... MONEY ORDERS RECCOMMENDED...................IF OUTSIDE THE USA EMAIL FOR SHIPPING INFO AT recordsiam7@yahoo.com ..... MAKEU.S. Dollar 19.99000Entertainment Memorabilia:Music MemorabiliaUnited StatesNA3/84/7recordsiam_yahoo_comNA
auctionhttp://www.ioffer.ca/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=ViewItem&ID=1110316490&Lang=Englishbeatles golden era of/beatles 63-72(156pgBk) charles hansenbeatles golden era of/beatles 63-72(156pgBk) charles hansen music vg- ... UNITED STATES S & H WILL BE APPROXIMATELY $7.00.........INSURANCE EXTRA... MONEY ORDERS RECCOMMENDED...................IF OUTSIDE THE USA EMAIL FOR SHIPPING INFO AT recordsiam7U.S. Dollar 19.99000Entertainment Memorabilia:Music MemorabiliaUnited StatesNA3/84/7recordsiam_yahoo_comNA

Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 09-19-08 04:18 PM next post previous post

No, what I said is do you get errors or not, not asking you about their FAQ.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 09-19-08 07:46 PM next post previous post

I'm not talking about there FAQ, the errors I have pointed out to you are the errors that a bidfind rep. has personally told me are incorrect with my Mega list.

1) DESCRIPTION field contains too many dots or empty

spaces.

2) No copyright at top of page.

3) No version number.

4) PRICE field has too many places after decimal

point.

It looks to me as though you have taken care of number 2 and 3  but 1 and 4 still need some sort of adjustment according to there email to me.  

wannauseit wannauseit's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 09-22-08 11:48 PM last post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
ctoshack's Wrote:

4) PRICE field has too many places after decimal point.

\
\

\ How many numbers do they allow after the decimal? Did they say?\ I hope they will accept 2 after the decimal. (15.00)\

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print