Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Wednesday, April 24, 2024 10:27 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > can't upload gif images
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
bidzonline bidzonline's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website BidzOnline - Online Auctions Community Send private message

can't upload gif images Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 01-15-11 11:58 AM next post first post
Hello Ahmed,\ Need a liitle help here. I can't upload gif images for auctions.\ I get the following message:\ \ Can 't read source image file /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/auctions/upload/s915-f.gif: Inappropriate ioctl for device\ Line 786, File /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/auction/SellLib.pm \ \ I ran the GD test script and I get Version 2.16 and needed 2.19.\ \ Now, I had the host guys install the new GD module version 2.0.19, which they say is the same as 2.19. And I'm still having the same problem.\ \ Is there anything else I need to do at my end to have it work?\ Let me know please.\ \ Thank you,

Grigor K.

webmaster

www.bidzonline.com

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: can't upload gif images Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 01-15-11 12:21 PM next post previous post

They have to install the latest version or you 'll have to switch hosting.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

bidzonline bidzonline's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website BidzOnline - Online Auctions Community Send private message

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 01-15-11 12:24 PM next post previous post
This is the email I got from the host. What do you think of it?\ \ \ ============================================================\ The request shows you wanted GD version 2.19, which doesn't exist yet. The latest version, according to the gd library's website\ \ http://www.libgd.org/Main_Page\ \ shows 2.0.35. The admin installed 2.0.19 believing that was the version you were referring to, again, since 2.19 isn't available.\ \ You'll need to contact the developer to have an explaination of what is required as the GD version installed is correct.\ \ [root@server gd-2.0.19]# gdlib-config --version\ 2.0.19\ ===============================================================

Grigor K.

webmaster

www.bidzonline.com

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 01-16-11 05:33 AM last post previous post

The http://www.libgd.org/Main_Page is the LibGD, there is also Perl GD module which is the interface between Perl and LibGD. They must install both latest versions from Perl GD module and the libGD. You need also to install our GD_Test script to see exactly what is missing:

http://mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=ViewTopic&Topic=455&Forum=6&Page=1&Period=0&Lang=English

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print