Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Monday, April 29, 2024 11:34 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > CatAdmin.cgi
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
Whizzz Whizzz's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http://www.bidcircuit.com Send private message

CatAdmin.cgi Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 05-04-08 07:06 AM next post first post
Hi!

It seems that when I try to create large category lists in the admin configuration I get this message every time;

Server error!
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error message:
Premature end of script headers: CatAdmin.cgi

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500
www.a1onlineauctions.com
10/26/2004 11:40:57 PM
Apache/2.0.49 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_12 Perl/v5.8.3 DAV/2 mod_python/3.1.3 Python/2.3.3 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_jk/1.2.0 mod_ssl/2.0.49 OpenSSL/0.9.7d

In my windows processes it shows perl.exe running my CPU at 90 to 99%, and a memory usage of 27,400 K when updating the categories.

There is no way in hell that my computer cannot handle sending data to the MySql database, as I have an AMD Barton 3000+ sitting on an ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe motherboard, with 1.5 Gigs of PC3200 DDR RAM (400FSB) running at 336 Mhz. My 1 terrabyte of space where my server software and MySQL are on, is RAID for performance with serial ATA connections running at 80MB per second.

So, is it MySQL or is it the way A-S sends the data to MySql?

Nothing else is running in the Task Manager process tree while the categories update. I've rebooted my server machine and software many times to see if it would have an effect on the problem and it doesn't. The updating works with a list of 150 or less categories but when it's more it gives this error message.

Whizzz :evil:
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: CatAdmin.cgi Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-05-08 05:50 AM next post previous post
You need to edit or change your mysql server memory configuration, check www.mysql.com for documents on optimizing your mysql server. All system operations done by mysql server so it uses and controls the memory the way the server admin configured it not Perl or the NetAuction program.

It may be your server has a lot of RAM but the server configuration is limiting the size or the RAM and system resources per process, check your server configuration.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Whizzz Whizzz's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http://www.bidcircuit.com Send private message

Re: CatAdmin.cgi Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 05-05-08 05:58 AM last post previous post
Thank you for the info.

Whizzz smile
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print