Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, April 19, 2024 11:01 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > CLASS::SSI_Exec(/home/wwww/mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/banner.cgi)--
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
Anonymous Anonymous's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Re: CLASS::SSI_Exec(/home/wwww/mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/banner.cgi)-- Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 07-07-08 05:06 AM next post first post
:? wondering that too

What is it for? Can I safely delete it Ahmed?

Thanks,
Kit
Romahawk Romahawk's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Re: CLASS::SSI_Exec(/home/wwww/mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/banner.cgi)-- Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 07-07-08 07:52 AM next post previous post
Not sure but one of the URL's brings up Road Runner Central New York News for me so they may be for a news feed.

They aren't hurting anything as they are commented out so the program shouldn't be reading them....
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 07-09-08 01:10 PM next post previous post
These are like SSI commands exactlly in your shtml page,

<!--!CLASS::SSI_Include(ssi_include.txt)-->

the above class will read the contents of the file ssi_include.txt and inserts it in the location of this class in your templates.

<!--!CLASS::SSI_Exec(/home/wwww/mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/banner.cgi)-->

The above class will execute the script banner.cgi from its location and inserts its output in the class location.

<!--!CLASS::Custom:url_grab:URL_Include(http://yahoo.com)-->

The above class will connect to the website http://yahoo.com and inserts the reslut in the location of the class.

<!--!CLASS::Custom:url_grab:URL_Clip_Include(http://yahoo.com, Local, Americas)-->

The above class will connect to the website http://yahoo.com and inserts the reslut then will insert only the contents between the words Local and Americas in the location of the class.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

chill chill's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Sellence Classifieds Send private message

I need help with these Classes Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 02-11-09 03:24 PM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft: \ \ I would like to use the CLASS::SSI_Exec class for my Classifiedawy web site, but this doesn't work after I changed it to reflect my web site path, and for it to execute an amazon-search index.cgi script. Nothing gets inserted into the custom named .shtml web page I made, and where I inserted the code in the customed named .shtml web page. And, yes, I did remove the ! before the Class name, so it would work. Also I cannot find the SSI_Exec class. Where are the SSI_Exec and SSI_Include classes? And the Yahoo.com CLASS::Custom:url_grab: doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.\ \ Charles
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 02-12-09 04:38 AM next post previous post
These classes for use inside your templates only NOT for use in external files, external files .shtml you use the SSI commands normal.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Sellence Classifieds Send private message

I don't understand... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 5 Posted on: 05-01-09 11:29 PM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft:\ \ Does this mean that I cannot execute a #exec cgi="/cgi-bin/amazon/index.cgi" from within the amazon.page.shtml web page using the Template Editor or from within the Language Manager for amazon too putting the #exec cgi="/cgi-bin/classified/index.cgi" in the body text [[page_body_text]]? I tried both ways, and neither one worked. Is there a way to do this where I can retain the look and feel of the web site? Thanks again for your help.\ \ Charles
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 05-02-09 02:18 AM next post previous post

You can by using the class like this:

Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
</p><p>&lt;!--CLASS::SSI_Exec(/cgi-bin/amazon/index.cgi)--&gt;<br /></p><p>

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Still confused... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 7 Posted on: 05-02-09 10:18 AM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft:\ \ Where do I put this? Does it go in the template .shtml page or in the language manager [[page_body_text]] field? I tried both, but it still doesn't work. I even put the CLASS::SSI_Exec(../cgi-bin/amazon/index.cgi)with a ../ before it to reflect the amazon directory placement in relation to the classified directory - they are in the same cgi-bin directory.\ \ Charles
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 05-03-09 09:55 AM next post previous post

For the perl script you may need to write it in the form:

SSI_Exec(perl  /home/wwww/mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/banner.cgi)

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Still not working... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 9 Posted on: 05-03-09 11:37 AM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft:\ \ I tried what you said: CLASS::SSI_Exec(perl /home/httpd/vhosts/sellence.com/cgi-bin/amazon/index.cgi)\ \ I placed it in the amazon.page.shtml page and it doesn't work. I do have SSI enabled for the site, so that isn't the problem. Since this is a CLASS::SSI_Exec, shouldn't there be a SSI_Exec in the Class Editor for this to work? I ask this because I don't see a SSI_Exec in the Class Editor list or CLASS::SSI_Include too.\ \ Charles
Member Offline

Reply #: 10 Posted on: 05-03-09 08:55 PM next post previous post

Try to test your setup with this class:

Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
</p><p>&lt;!--CLASS::SSI_Exec(perl -v)--&gt;</p><p>

this should display your server perl version information in the location where your insert this class say on your homepage.

I double check the class and it works fine, make sure the script you are calling works and returns or prints anything. You can try the same command from Telnet if you have shell access.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Perl return ok... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 11 Posted on: 05-03-09 09:11 PM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft:\ \ The perl check worked ok:\ \ This is perl, v5.6.1 built for i386-linux Copyright 1987-2001, Larry Wall Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit. Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'. If you have access to the Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page. \ \ I tested the script: http://www.sellence.com/cgi-bin/amazon/index.cgi and it works just fine.\ \ Charles
Member Offline

Reply #: 12 Posted on: 05-03-09 09:20 PM next post previous post
Your scripts should not include the html page head code, everything between <body> and </body> code only, you may need to delete any other head code like the <html>, <title> etc.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

I see... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 13 Posted on: 05-03-09 09:29 PM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft:\ \ I understand what you are saying. Thanks you for your help and insight.\ \ Charles
Registered Member
Member Offline

About the include... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 14 Posted on: 05-03-09 09:40 PM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft:\ \ This is what I got for the CLASS::Custom:url_grab:URL_Clip_Include(http://yahoo.com, Local, Americas:\ \ Software error:\ \ Can't locate object method "new" via package "LWP::UserAgent" (perhaps you forgot to load "LWP::UserAgent"?) at (eval 9) line 81.\ \ For help, please send mail to the webmaster (chill@ezwebpagedesigns.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error. \ \ I checked with host provider and they told me it was installed:\ \ /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/LWP/UserAgent.pm\ \ Charles
Member Offline

Reply #: 15 Posted on: 05-03-09 09:58 PM last post previous post
Yes these URL grab classes was removed from long time for the overhead they add for the page load during connecting to other sites.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print