kingvalley kingvalley's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

CUSTOM FIELDS MANAGER Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 08-21-08 01:36 PM next post first post
Ahmed,
I don't have CUSTOM FIELDS MANAGER under my SYSTEM MANAGEMENT
I'm assuming that where you can change the registration required fields. What should I do. PLease advise. Thanks
Romahawk Romahawk's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Re: CUSTOM FIELDS MANAGER Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-21-08 06:12 PM next post previous post
Go to your admin panel and select accounts manager. Up at the top on the right hand side you will see Accounts Options. Click on that and then select registration page options at the top of the screen and then un check the fields you don't want to be required.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 08-21-08 06:25 PM next post previous post
This feature is available only in the new Auctionawy 2005, you may have old NetAuction 6.xx.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Romahawk Romahawk's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 08-21-08 07:32 PM next post previous post
Ooppppss, sorry about that.

Not thinking here I guess, I thought everyone would have taken advantage of the improvements and added features the newest version provides and upgraded by now.

Can I suggest that anytime anyone asks a question they say what version it is for then people like me won't end up with egg on our face. wink
green peas green peas's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

need help on adding or modifyng fields on Sell Form Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 4 Posted on: 08-27-08 08:29 AM next post previous post
Ref to auctionway 8, well first of all absolutely great work and congratulations to Mewsoft friends.\ \ I would request a detailed instruction on usage of custom field manager.\ Lets say I created New data format Standard.\ \ HOW do I modify or add new fields?\ \ Pl kindly explain.\ I would like to add a few fields on Sell form.\ How do I do that?\ \ Is any detailed help available on this function anywhere.\ \ On mewsoft admin demo there is under standard format:\ \ Field ID Name Type Multi Select Max Selections Active Required Searchable Action \ Ad1 User_name Textbox Edit \ Ad2 Custom2 Textarea Edit \ Ad3 Custom3 Menu Edit \ Ad4 Custom4 Checkbox Edit \ Ad5 Custom5 Radio Edit \ \ How is that done?\ \ Pls explain the correct method of adding/modifying custom fields.\ \ Thanking you in advance.

When you love others unconditionally you grow irrespective of others response.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 08-27-08 01:15 PM last post previous post
The best way to understand custom fields is to load the default format.\ \ Goto yor admin, click on Database & SQL, click on Load/Ubload Tables, then select the table Auction_Formats then click Load. This willloads the default custom fields example. It has one example for each input: Textfield, Select, Menu, Radio, Check box. You then can just copy these fields to all other fields using the built in field copy.\ \ To display the fields, you insert the field class \ in your templates (Sell, PreviewItem, ViewItem, EditItem only). You will find these fields already inserted in your templates from to .\ \ When you load the default format you will find some fields already displayed on the sell page where they are set active in the admin.\ \ Also you can check our demo you will see some fields display on the sell page which are set active in the admin.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print