Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, March 29, 2024 08:55 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Custom fields manager - link to category
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
amateur amateur's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Custom fields manager - link to category Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 04-11-10 05:52 AM next post first post
You have helped me out with quite a few problems the last couple of days and I hope you can help me with the one I am stuck on right now.\ \ I am trying to create a custom field for a category called "Painting" - I want a text box field called "Size" to be displayed when listing an auction. From other posts in this forum I have found out that I need to create a new format called Painting. That is done and I have copied the fields from General. I have filled out the Listing, Preview , View and search columns and copied them into the templates. The field now shows up on my Sell page as planned, but in general and not only in regards to the Category "Painting". I gather I somehow need to link together the Category Painting with the new format Size - but where do I do that and how.\ I hope you can help me out as I have used alot of time on this issue.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Custom fields manager - link to category Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-11-10 09:02 AM next post previous post
In the Category Manager, Edit the category and you will find a field for the Format, this way the format will apply only for this category.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

amateur amateur's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Thank you Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 04-12-10 03:15 AM last post previous post
Some times you just stare yourself blind at small things! I used 3 hours on it and it was that simple.Thank you very much for your help.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print