Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, April 25, 2024 08:07 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Dutch Auction problem
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
upperbid upperbid's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Dutch Auction problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 07-25-11 09:30 AM next post first post
I thought I already posted this and now it seems to be gone. Anyhow, I have noticed several dutch auctions on my site from different users that do not have any amount as the purchase price which means the system is somehow allowing them to post auctions with zero as the price. Please advise on how I can fix this problem.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Dutch Auction problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 07-25-11 01:38 PM next post previous post

The system anyway does NOT allow a ZERO price to be entered. But the user can enter a value like 0.0001 and the system accepts it and this is normal if the user is selling trivial items for such prices in dutch auctions. However the system will format the display as 2 digits decimal only like 12.34 and will remove any extra decimals after the second one from the display only and it is in the system and bids calculated based on it so the value 0.0001 or 0.001 will be cut as 0.00. If you still nees to display these extra decimals in your currency you can edit manually the cgi files ParseItem.pm, Main.pm  lines that looks like this:

&Format_Digits(sprintf("%.2f", $Item{Start_Bid}));

Change it to

&Format_Digits(sprintf("%.4f", $Item{Start_Bid}));

of whatever decimals you want

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 07-25-11 04:41 PM next post previous post
Hi Ahmed,\ \ I just tested the dutch auction myself and it does allow 00.00 which produces a zero price, but it also allows this in regular auctions too. Even a simple .0 works for producing a zero price auction. Yet, I think there is more than this going on with the dutch auctions because I have two different users with zero dutch auctions and it seems strange they would do this on purpose since there is no promo in their auction (and I don't have any regular zero auctions). Anyhow, I will contact them both and find out what produced this zero bid in their cases and get back to you on it. In the meantime, what I can I do to the code to eliminate the ability of someone to enter .0 or .00 or 00.00, etc. to produce a zero price auction?
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 07-25-11 05:44 PM next post previous post
You can use some JS code on the page tonot accept the minimum value you want and also put this in the field help notes.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 07-27-11 09:59 AM last post previous post
Follow up: the one user who responded does not know how that happened in her account.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print