Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, April 26, 2024 04:25 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Dutch Auctions Problems
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
yitzi yitzi's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http://www.auctionisrael.com Send private message

Dutch Auctions Problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 07-24-11 04:22 AM next post first post
Hi, I have a new site up and it is getting busy.

I am having problems with Dutch Auctions.

1. The software does not make clear to either buyer or seller that they are in a Dutch Auction. I understand that Auctions with mutiple items are automatically Dutch but how do we display that information in the Auction as a notice to both parties.

2. I have an auction that is CLOSED and PROCESSED. It was a mutipule item auction of 5 pcs. There were two bidders. The minium bid was 50. One bid 50, and the second bid 52. Only the second was notified of the winning bid. At this point I do not know if the seller was notified of 1 winner or 2 winners. But first buyer has not been contacted by seller

3. If I look up the Auction, in the seller's account it shows only the second bidder as the winner at 50 even though the second buyer bid 52.

There is clearly an error here in the handling of the process. I went live with this software after testing but now I am getting confused and my customers are being confused by this.

Please advise, Thanks

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Dutch Auctions Problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 07-24-11 08:12 AM next post previous post

You can display your own notes of course but everyone is assumed to be familiar with dutch auctions, reserve, buy now, proxy bidding, etc, and this is already in the auction help and you can explain it the way you wantto your users.

As for your other issues, you seems to be confused also between dutch auctions and dutch buy it now items.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Dutch Auctions Problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 07-24-11 08:46 AM last post previous post

Dutch auctions does NOT have a reserve prices, all bidders may win their lowest bid.

Topic closed

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Unlock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print