Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, March 29, 2024 03:59 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Error message when trying to change variables in Language Manager
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
suzysue suzysue's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Error message when trying to change variables in Language Manager Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 01-03-10 04:47 PM next post first post
I can't seem to change anything in the Language Manager. I keep getting error messages.\ \ I wanted to delete all the European currencies but it won't let me. \ Also, I want default to be Euro, but Euro isn't an option in the General Options section.\ \ I want to delete the display of who is on line and how many users there are, but I get this sort of error message.\ Error: Can't open file /home/ebids/www/auction/data/language/English/General.pm: Permission denied\ Line 544, File /home/ebids/www/auction/LangaugeMgr.pm\ \ Thank you in advance.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Error message when trying to change variables in Language Manager Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 01-04-10 02:37 AM next post previous post

I can't seem to change anything in the Language Manager. I keep getting error messages.

Your server have very strange settings for permissions, I set all your files to 777, try now.

I wanted to delete all the European currencies but it won't let me.
Also, I want default to be Euro, but Euro isn't an option in the General Options section.

This is easy from the language manager, we have also an FAQ on our FAQ forum here about this, check it.

I want to delete the display of who is on line and how many users there are, but I get this sort of error message.

This from the template FrontPage in your Template editor.

Error: Can't open file /home/ebids/www/auction/data/language/English/General.pm: Permission denied
Line 544, File /home/ebids/www/auction/LangaugeMgr.pm

As I said above your server have strange permissions settings, I see you have created a new Theme you caled it Ebids, the theme is created but your server set the ownership of the directory and files to "nobody" ", nobody" instead of you as the owner "ebids", "ebids", therefore the program does not have permissions to use these files at all, the only solution is manually using Telnet to set the owners for these files to ebids:ebids and since I know you do not have Telnet access then this is not possible.

The solution for your bad hosting is to switch to a good business hosting company, check our Partner Linux plans, they have a very good servers ready for all software, if you signup with them we will reinstall the software for free for you and you avoid this headache which seems will never end with this hosting. to signup with them click on the link "Hosting" on our site www.mewsoft.com.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Re: Error message when trying to change variables in Language Manager Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 01-04-10 03:53 AM next post previous post
That worked. I can change the language file now, thank you very much. \ \ I've e-mailed my hosting company about the settings. My problem is that I paid them for two years hosting but I'll consider changing if it's not going to work.
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 01-04-10 09:47 AM next post previous post
All hosting companies offer 30 days money back gurentee, you can use this license.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 01-05-10 12:48 AM next post previous post
I'm finally able to edit the templates. I can edit the default template, but I can't edit my "new" template. Same message coming up saying that I don't have permission. Is this the hosting company's problem again?
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 01-05-10 05:11 AM last post previous post

As I explained before for you, yes it is your server problems, any files that is created by any script on your websites the server sets its owner user and group to "nobody" and not your user and group "ebids", therefore no script on your site has the permissions to deal with these files. No solution.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print