New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
nibb nibb's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Featured Image Problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 10-05-08 01:39 AM next post first post
I moved my server so all data was moved of course, since the server was new it hat not installed GD module and the Billing one, Netauction was working not all of course becasue of the missing modules, i installed the Modules and testserver.cgi says everything is installed but now i have a problem.\ Whe you choose the option to place the auction on feature item and submit the auction Sell.cgi gives an 500 error.\ \ The auction gets submitted but on the homepage instead of the image appears a broken link and the source of the image shows http://www.domain.com/upload/http:\ \ THe auction gets posted and the image too on the auction but on the homepage i guess it doesnt create the icon. I think this could be a GD module, the testserver.cgi says its installed. My question is.\ Is it a GD module problem?\ How can i test if the GD module is correctly installed and working?\ Is there something i have to change on the script since the GD module was installed after the script installation?\ \ Thanks
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Re: Featured Image Problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 10-05-08 03:03 AM next post previous post
Mewsoft, could you please upload the GD-test.pl perl for GD testing wich was on the old forum.\ Thanks
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 10-05-08 08:59 PM next post previous post
Check the permissions on the html/auctions/featured1 directory\ CHeck your html URL in admin->configuration.\ \ You can download the GD_Test script from our site and install it, see our announcements forum for this.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 10-06-08 08:28 AM next post previous post
Featured1 has permission to 755, i think it always did, unless it had 777 and the server move changed wich i dont think.\ \ Path to Html is currect since all other thinks work.\ \ All i have left is to check GD working, i could not found on the announcements page a link for that script download for GD testing.\ \ Maybe GD is wrong that could also explain why the new version doesnt work for me.
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 10-06-08 10:10 AM next post previous post
The topic is here:

\ \ http://mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=ViewTopic&Topic=455&Forum=6&Page=1&Period=0&Lang=English

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 10-06-08 08:47 PM next post previous post
Thanks that was helpfull, now you can tell me perhaps the error. When i run the script on the browser it goes like this:\ GD Module Version 2.21. Required 2.19 at least\ \ GIF Test\ ----------------\ File: /home/httpd/vhosts/gun-trade.com/cgi-bin/gd_test/test.gif\ \ Trying to read the Gif graphics file with GD ...\ I can read Gif file\ \ Trying to create new Gif image\ I can create Gif images\ \ Trying to resize Gif image\ Done resizing.\ \ Trying to create Gif output file\ \ \ \ \ When i run it on the shell:\ Trying to read the Gif graphics file with GD ...
\ I can read Gif file
\
\ Trying to create new Gif image
\ I can create Gif images
\
\ Trying to resize Gif image
\ Done resizing.
\
\ Trying to create Gif output file
\ Can't locate object method "jpeg" via package "GD::Image" at ./GD_Test.cgi line 176.\ \ \ So it gives errros:\ When i run ./configure\ Its says\ Support for PNG library: yes\ Support for JPEG library: no\ Support for Freetype 2.x library: yes\ Support for Fontconfig library: no\ Support for Xpm library: no\ Support for pthreads: yes\ \ \ Does all this means it has not jpg support thats whay the error??\ If so i already installed libjpg but still says no support for JPEG library as you can see.
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 10-06-08 09:34 PM next post previous post
I think you should remove the libgd then rebuild and install, see the update s forum again for installing the GD module. the web site is http://www.boutell.com/gd

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 10-06-08 10:37 PM next post previous post
Do you mean the GD module?\ So far i installed without problems\ freetype-2.1.9 \ jpeg-6\ libpng-1.2.8\ \ I suppose if those are ok i should not install then again right?\ So should focuse on the GD\ i have 2\ GD-2.21\ gd-2.0.33\ Wich one is libgd?\ The GD module 2.0.33 installs ok, i just notice on the config what i mentioned that its sasy JPEG suuport no\ It still installs but of course without jpg and the auction will need that. Should i install there again\ GD-2.21\ gd-2.0.33\ Thanks
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 10-07-08 12:59 AM last post previous post
Yes i was right, i installed the GD again, but this time i installed first the jpglib with a command that said on the boutell faq so GD can find it, then i installed the GD with this\ ./configure --with-jpg=/path\ \ or somehting liek that, the thing is GD did find the JP library and it works now. For other that have the same problem, look at the boutell faq.\ \ The script for GD testing ist a must have, now it gives the same results as the Mwsoft example. All users be sure that GIF and JPEG works on GD or you will have problems.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print