Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, April 18, 2024 09:02 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Hostgator closing our site
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
topauktion topauktion's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Hostgator closing our site Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 05-31-10 07:35 AM next post first post
We have on your recommandations chosen Hostgator ,to host our site. But even thogh we haven't finished translating the language file, and the site only is used be ourself, hostgator has closed us down, saying that we are using to much CPU power. Regards Denis Eg Denol Data www.topauktion.dk
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Hostgator closing our site Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-31-10 07:44 PM next post previous post

We have over 95% of our customers with them with no problems. From the past experiance we see them only disable accounts that SPAM or use unusual activity and this is normal with every hosting company. You may have other scripts or you may have uncomplete or unfinish installing the software and in everytime you call the scripts it nevers exits and taking lots of cpu time. Just tell them you are sent by Mewsoft and if you need us to install the software for you we can reinstall it and clean your website for $30 only.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 06-01-10 12:55 AM next post previous post
We contacted hostgator because our categori was very slow, so we asked them to restart the sql, we got the answer that the server would be up and running in 15 m. After 10 it was down and never came up again, they told us that this was because we vere using to much CPU time, which is not unusual if the sql is hanging.\ I would of course like to know if there is a way to come around this category problem, as I have seen other users have had the same problem. The only scrip in our site is the action scrip which was uploaded with your autoinstaller.\ We have off cource told hostgator that we have bought this script from you, and this morning the site is up again, but I would like to know what I can do so this not happens again. If people are beginning to use the site what happens then to the CPU use.\ Regards\ Denis\ www.topauktion.dk
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 06-01-10 01:05 AM next post previous post

I browsed your site and it was very fast. It does not matter how many categories or database size as long as your hosting does not limit your resources like the RAM size and the cpu time and Hostgator does not do this limit. On shared hosted like your website, your site and many others may be hunderds or thousands are hosted on the same server (same computer) therefore the website speed vary from time to time and from second to second based on how much this server is busy with other sites also at the same time.

Of course when your site gets large traffic you will simply switch to a dedicated server but now it is good to save money until you start making money unless your budget allows for it.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 06-01-10 01:14 AM next post previous post
Yes the site is fast enough, but only when I choose a categori from the main site the load time is (39.3186 Load tid) which is shown at the bottom of the page. This is what i s causing the problem, when 3 or 4 users are browsing the categori the site nevers shows.\ Regards\ Denis
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 06-01-10 01:26 AM next post previous post

If you mean your link:

http://www.topauktion.dk/sitemap.html

I saved it and it is 591Kbyte which on a Modem connection takes more than 60 seconds to load. You do not need this page, the Categories link in the top nav allows browsing in smart way.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 06-01-10 01:38 AM next post previous post
If you try these links you will se that the load time is very slow:\ http://www.topauktion.dk/cgi-bin/auction.cgi?action=Browse&Search=Category&Cat_ID=14&CatA_ID=0&Lang=Dansk\ \ http://www.topauktion.dk/cgi-bin/auction.cgi?action=Browse&Search=Category&Cat_ID=25&CatA_ID=0&Lang=Dansk\ \ http://www.topauktion.dk/cgi-bin/auction.cgi?action=Browse&Search=Category&Cat_ID=29&CatA_ID=0&Lang=Dansk\ The sitemap.html is just for testing SEO\ I have seen that other customers has had the same problem, so there must be a solution. We tried to chech the SQL but it states that it is running OK.\ regards\ Denis
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 06-01-10 01:49 AM next post previous post
It is only categori level 1 and 2 that are slow. If you chosse third level categories there are no problems.\ regards\ Denis
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 06-01-10 02:01 AM next post previous post

It took 21.6213 seconds to load , The page does not have more than 5 sub categories which means this delay time not from the categories. This means you do not have a problem with the categories, your problem with either a corrupted database and/ or corrupted cgi files or server problems.

Here the steps to resolve this:

1)-update the cgi files to the latest files.

2)-backup the sql database from admin->sql & database manager

3)-delete this mysql database

4)create the mysql database again

5)-reload the database from admin->mysql & database manager

The other way also to test the above without touching your current site is, do fresh install under another sub directory say cgi-bin/auction1, of create a new mysql database and use it for this installation, backup the mysql database from the old version and transfer it to the new installation and reload it.

If you can affored a 2 hours custom work $100, we can handle this for you.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 06-01-10 03:20 AM next post previous post
Did all the things you mentioned, but still did not help.\ Site still slow for level 1 and 2 caqtegories.\ regards\ Denis
Member Offline

Reply #: 10 Posted on: 06-01-10 03:33 AM next post previous post

I do not have any aother recommendations, the above are all possiblities. You can ask them to transfer your website to another server but I still see the proplem in your script installation or customization and the mysql database itself. I know sites with more than 30000 categories and we have a site with 5000 http://www.mehtag.com .

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 11 Posted on: 06-01-10 03:50 AM next post previous post
The site gets faster if we have fewer categories. We are now down to 3 top level categories and 20 sublevels and the load time is now much faster about 0,5.\ Regards\ Denis
chris12331 chris12331's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 12 Posted on: 06-05-10 06:14 PM next post previous post

I had this problem also, but it was not the categories.

From what i can gather a perl script just hung and the problem arose. Ahmed soon sorted that for me by another install. But the question must be asked. Why is this happening and what is causing a script to hang in the first place.???

I too use hostgator and they did not close my site, just suspended it till the problem was resolved, but it can happen so there is maybe a word of caution here.

Developing www.auctionsworldwide.net

Member Offline

Reply #: 13 Posted on: 06-05-10 10:56 PM next post previous post
You should note that on a shared server, the server resources are shared amonth thousands websites with you, this means your website speed could var from second to second, another program or script that crashes on another website or the server itself will cause your scripts and whole website to hung and may lead also to your sql database to be corrupted or just crash or just looses the last updates based on the intelligence of the sql server. The best you can do now is to do a backup of your whole website at least every day or few days and this is very recommended to avoid loosing new customers or items until your site gets business and you move to a dedicated server.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

jason jason's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Categories causing massive delays.... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 14 Posted on: 06-23-10 11:43 AM next post previous post
Hey, I have had this issue, with the site loading with massive lag, and the reason I had this happen was that I had been taking already existing categories, and changing their parent categories. I also was adding many sub-categories to existing categories.\ \ This seemed to make the site do loops, and I could not get it to stop. It was taking an extra 39 seconds just to load the frontpage. \ So, my solution was to restore the sql database. After the database was reloaded, the lag went away. (But , I did not have any of my modifications to the category lists.) \ \ I think there is a problem with switching parent categories, or updating the SQL database when the category tree is altered.\ \ Let me know what you think!\ \ Jason,\ \ Webmaste@wansworld.net
Member Offline

Reply #: 15 Posted on: 06-23-10 10:30 PM last post previous post
Of course when anything is wrong in the installation of any script in general that leads to the script crash or hang ad never dies it will leave the thread active both the script process and a mysql and apache server threads wil also be left active, therefore if you call this script few times will lead to server overload ad the server admin will be able easily to view your script in his process viewer. If you simply have the software installed correct and finish the configuration, nothing like this will happen. Consider this for any script.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Unlock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print