Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Monday, April 29, 2024 01:02 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > How many users at once can NetAuction handle?
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
jarrod jarrod's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

How many users at once can NetAuction handle? Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 03-17-08 03:51 PM next post first post
Hi,

Recently I purchased auction software from another vendor that was perl-based and has a flatfile database. After spending weeks getting it just how I want it, I was more than a little disappointed to hear that "about 100 users browsing at a time" is all that it can handle on a dedicated server! The author of the script says that perl.exe must be loaded every time it is accessed and that is the reason for the excessive server load. I see that you are perl-based as well, but have a SQL database which helps things greatly, I know. How many users can I expect to be able to browse at once with your software? Thank you! Your software looks really nice.

Jarrod
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: How many users at once can NetAuction handle? Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 03-17-08 06:57 PM last post previous post
I think you answered your question yourself but to add, the software is limited by the Mysql limitations only and by the webserver limits. If you have a dedicated server then you must configure it with the max number of concurrent users, I think the default apache is 300 and you can change this in its httpd.conf file. The mysql is of course unlimited but to have avery large number of concurrent users you must be aware of the memory (RAM) size and your hard disk size for image upload and the hardware also and in this case you are speaking large about 2 or 4 processor servers and SCSI hard disks. Once you get large your expenses has to go large also but for few hunderds users the Mysql and default apache config may be enough but anyway tuning the server is good, remember also that Mysql can bu tuned very well, check mysql.com docs and also apache docs but do not touch the server conifg unless you have the good experiance.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print