Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Saturday, April 20, 2024 11:20 AM 
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
Hayakawa Hayakawa's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

HTMLArea Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 07-18-08 12:05 PM next post first post
Hi,
FYI, I have learned a few days ago that HTMLArea consumes around 4 MB for each instance. If there are 20 users manipulating their own auctions it adds up to 80 MB! They recommend to use FCKeditor ( http://www.fckeditor.net ). It's actively developed, much more features and it has a clean design.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: HTMLArea Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 07-18-08 02:26 PM next post previous post
The choice for htmlarea for a reasons of course in comparison to others, if you search the web for html editors you will find lots each has its own features. Since our software is open source, it is very easy for everyone to use the html editor that may suite his needs. Iam not sure where these 4 MB is used on the server by the htmlarea editor, can you please post that link for this info.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Hayakawa Hayakawa's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Re: HTMLArea Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 07-19-08 11:33 AM last post previous post
I dont remember the site i have read this but i searched for it and found this:
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:uWnXnA9VOuYJ:www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum.cgi%3Fdo%3Dpost_view_printable%3Bpost%3D22724%3Bguest%3D6199524+htmlarea+consumes+4+MB&hl=en

I dont have knowledge as you have so for knowing your experience HTMLArea is better than FCKEditor 2.0 RC1?
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print