Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, April 25, 2024 03:20 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > I need help using a class I created
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
conuremom conuremom's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

I need help using a class I created Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 08-03-09 05:51 PM next post first post
I followed the built-in instructions on how to create a new class with the template editor. I inserted it into the bottom navigation class, using the same format as the other classes use: (I hope I altered the HTML enough so it will appear on screen--I don't know how to capture screen shots) \ \ td align="center" CLASS="botnavlnk" NOWRAP>\ A HREF="">[[beneficiary]]/a> font color="#ffffff" size="2">|/font>/td>\ \

\ \ The text name appears on all the pages in the bottom navigation area as it should. But when I click on the text, all that happens is the current page reloads. The link to the class is not followed. When I view the generated source for the page, the line for the beneficiary class does not have the cgi in it. All it shows is:\ \ td align="center" CLASS="botnavlnk" NOWRAP>\ A HREF="">Current Beneficiary/a> font color="#ffffff" size="2">|/font>/td>\ \

\ What did I do wrong this time?

wannauseit wannauseit's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Re: I need help using a class I created Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-03-09 06:51 PM next post previous post
In the language file where you created [[beneficiary]], does the the variable value section contain the link you wish to go to? Also, it may depend on which language file you placed that variable name in.\ \ It's hard to tell when something is wrong through this forum because it removes some tags.\ \ Can you give us the URL to your site?
Registered Member
Member Offline

using a class Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 08-03-09 09:20 PM next post previous post
****In the language file where you created [[beneficiary]], does the the variable value section contain the link you wish to go to? Also, it may depend on which language file you placed that variable name in.****\ \ OK that may be part of the problem. I thought the software set all that stuff up. No, I don't have a variable set up with a link. I'm not sure how it should be formatted or which language file it should go into. (not a programmer, don't even usually play one on the internet...)\ \ ****Can you give us the URL to your site?****\ \ Sure. It's http://www.vegaauctions.com\ \ It's a single-seller auction site that will be auctioning donated items for charity. It's still in testing mode, so please take a look and see if you can figure out what I missed. \ Thanks for the help!\ \ --Kathy
wannauseit wannauseit's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Re: I need help using a class I created Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 08-04-09 07:11 AM next post previous post
Kathy,\ \ You may have taken the long way around on this one, unless I'm misunderstanding.\ \ In the Bottom Navigation, all you have to add was:\ \ A HREF="link to site">Current GLAD Group Beneficiary< /a> (adding a lesser than symbol "<" before A HREF, and taking the space out between < and /a> at the end of the URL.\ \ If that link changes occasionally, you just change it out in your Bottom Navigation when ready.
Registered Member
Member Offline

using class Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 4 Posted on: 08-04-09 01:30 PM last post previous post
Well, that worked after a little tweaking, but it's not as "elegant" as the rest of the site. (smile) I'll play with the class thing until I figure it out, but at least for now the beneficiary info is accessible to users. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print